Apply for the ongoing WaterAid Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This WaterAid job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
WaterAid is an international non-governmental organisation, focused on water, sanitation and hygiene. It was set up in 1981 as a response to the UN International Drinking Water decade. As of 2018, it was operating in 34 countries.
Job Title: Global Resource Mobilization Lead (Resilient Water Accelerator)
Location: Remote, United Kingdom
Sector: Non Profit
Experience: Early Career / Mid Career
Want to use your skills in resource mobilization to play a vital role in building the climate resilience of 50 million vulnerable people?
Join the Resilient Water Accelerator (hosted by WaterAid) as the Resilient Water Accelerator’s Global Resource Mobilization Lead. By joining Water Aid, you’ll also be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
The Resilient Water Accelerator (RWA) is a new multi-stakeholder partnership that aims to boost climate finance to build the climate resilience of 50 million vulnerable people living in water-stressed areas by 2030. The Accelerator will enable climate vulnerable communities to secure clean and reliable water resources and services by helping design comprehensive climate-resilient water security programmes and unlock new sources of financing. The Accelerator has set some ambitious goals to be achieved by COP27, including raising up to $20 million in programmatic funding and launching activities in 5 locations – Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Malawi, Mozambique, and Nigeria.
The Accelerator has already been successful in raising its required seed funding of $1-2 million and has been leading on many more donor conversations to help secure programmatic funding. Both sovereign and private donors have shown great interest in supporting the Accelerator, which is why we are now looking to hire the Accelerator’s Global Resource Mobilization Lead to help the Accelerator move ongoing discussions into real commitments by crafting best-in-class proposals, engaging and stewarding donor relationships, and leading on donor reporting as needed.
The position will be hosted by WaterAid, which has been acting as the Accelerator’s interim host until an agreement with a long-term host has been finalized.
As the global resource mobilization lead, you will be setting the Accelerator’s resource mobilization strategy, engaging with key donors, and supporting Steering Committee members in their outreach to investors as needed. You will be working directly with the Director of the Resilient Water Accelerator as well as fundraising teams from across partner organizations, such as WaterAid, GWP and WRI, to drive the Accelerator towards achieving its goals. Key investors are likely to be a mix of sovereign donors and DFIs, as well as foundations and private organizations.
In this role you will:
* Develop the Accelerator’s resource mobilization strategy and related advocacy plan, with the aim of raising at least $20 million in programmatic funding
o Maintain and update overall strategy and engagement plan including setting the priorities and identifying the entry points and moments
o Develop budget required to deliver on the resource mobilization and advocacy strategy
o Keep the Secretariat, Steering Committee, and in-country partnerships focused on highest potential opportunities in support of the achievement of resource mobilization objectives
* Engage directly with donors as a primary representative of the Accelerator, especially governments and private sector organisations
o Build and manage donor relations. Lead coordination of inputs and meetings for senior stakeholders with donors including the Director of the Accelerator and Steering Committee members
o Work collaboratively with policy/programmes staff and other Secretariat colleagues to develop creative and feasible approaches to address funder questions
* Develop cohesive donor pitch materials, develop donor pitch materials, support proposal development and negotiate donor award T&C
o Lead development of pitch materials and advise on other documents and assets required for engagement with donors and other external stakeholders
o Support preparation of funding proposals and related documents for applications
To be successful, you’ll need:
* Experience developing, leading, and managing a resource mobilisation strategy and targets
* Proven track record of securing significant funding opportunities ($5Mn+) in the water/climate space
* Strong understanding of the donor landscape for the water and climate sectors, including networks within relevant key donor organisations
* Proven track record in engaging directly with and building networks/ relations with senior representatives from donor and partner organisations
* Working knowledge of private sector finance opportunities
* Ability to craft clear and compelling materials and pitches that synthesize complex policy language and multiple qualitative and quantitative inputs
* Skilled in negotiating favourable outcomes in discussions with internal and external stakeholders
* Fluent in spoken and written English
* Passionate about climate adaptation and water security, and driven to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable communities
* Strong team player
Salary: £55,000 – £61,000 subject to experience with excellent benefits. WaterAid benefits include:
- 36 days’ holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
- We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
- Wide range of flexible and agile-working arrangement
- Season Ticket Loan
- Free annual eye tests
- Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
- Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave
- Volunteer Day
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you