Apply for the ongoing War Child UK Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This War Child UK job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
About The Company:
War Child is the only specialist charity for children affected by conflict. For more than two decades, we’ve been driven by a single goal – ensuring a safe future for every child living through war.
We aim to reach children as early as possible when conflict breaks out and support them long after the cameras have gone. We deliver life-changing services and support in communities affected by conflicts to keep children safe and help them to heal and learn for the chance of a better future
Location: United Kingdom
We are looking for an UK HR Adviser, supporting our colleagues in our UK office as a 10-month maternity cover. The role entails providing support and advice, both operationally and strategically, to our UK-based colleagues and senior managers in all areas of people management. You will be part of a bigger team and will work closely together with UK-based HR colleagues and our three UK departments. You have already held a similar advisory or business partnering role and have led on change projects autonomously. You have experience in reviewing and developing HR policies, processes, and tools, you have previously engaged in employee relations, grievance and disciplinary cases and salary benchmarking. You can work in a role where you are expected to be hands-on at times, yet equally empowering your HR colleagues. War Child UK is currently going through an exploration project with other members of the War Child family to look at closer collaboration with the potential of developing a shared programme platform and stronger alliance. This will be a significant change process for the organisation and require key HR skills and experience in this area.
Place of Work: Our office is in Kentish Town (NW5). This role is open to hybrid working.
Working Hours: Part-time (0.6 – 0.8 FTE) 22.5 – 30 hours. This role is open to flexible working
Reports to: Head of HR
Salary: circa £41,000 per annum, full-time equivalent
Also see: Arab Center Washington DC Job Recruitment – U.S.A
The UK HR Adviser is part of a small, mainly UK-based, team that supports War Child staff, HR colleagues and people managers in our country programmes and the UK. As part of this team and working closely together with the two International HR Advisers (who support our five country programmes), you will be responsible for providing expert HR advice and support in the UK. Through a business partnering approach, you will help UK-based colleagues and senior managers (in the three UK departments: Fundraising & Communications, Programmes & Advocacy and Resources) with key aspects of people issues covering the full employee life cycle. This includes reviewing, improving and developing new people management systems, policies, practices and tools and providing support and advice on employee relation cases. You will also be involved in global improvement projects in areas such as management development, diversity & inclusion, achievement & development, hiring & selection, reward, disciplinary & grievance, staff wellbeing and restructuring and change management processes.
Also see: Economist Newspaper Limited Job Recruitment – United Kingdom
- Provide effective and high-quality advice to all UK colleagues and senior managers (up to Director level) on all aspects of people management
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with relevant stakeholders in the three UK departments, in particular with people managers at all levels, to develop a solid understanding of their work so as to be able to provide the best and most relevant advice and support
- Strengthen the HR and people management capabilities of our people managers, and influence decision making in compliance with organisational policies and HR practices
- Support with employee relations processes, including investigations, disciplinary and grievance cases, performance management and facilitating conflict resolution
- Lead on the UK implementation of specific HR policies and improvement projects, including communication and change management
- Develop and maintain global HR frameworks and minimum standards across the UK
- Guide and contribute to the development of global and UK HR strategies and the translation into action plans and activities, in line with the global HR strategic priorities
- Support UK people managers in meeting their HR priorities and objectives
- Develop/review HR policies and procedures, researching best practice and legislative requirements
- Ensure that the HRIS in the UK is used to its maximum potential and that there is an effective flow of people-related information
- Provide insight for the organisation into global HR trends, including UK developments and inform organisational thinking and decision-making
- Contribute to creating a culture committed to the safeguarding of children and adults and compliant to WCUK’s Child Safeguarding and Adults at Risk Policies and ensuring compliance with all HR-related aspects of WCUK’s Child Safeguarding and Adults at Risk policies, particularly in relation to safer recruitment.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you
Leave a Comment