Apply for the ongoing VillageReach Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This VillageReach job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
VillageReach transforms health care delivery to reach everyone, so that each person has the health care needed to thrive. We develop solutions that improve equity and access to primary health care. This includes making sure products are available when and where they are needed and primary health care services are delivered to the most under-reached. Radical collaboration with governments, the private sector and other partners strengthen our ability to scale and sustain these solutions. Our work increases access to quality health care for more than 58 million people in Africa. VillageReach in incorporated in Washington State and has offices in Seattle (USA), Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, and Mozambique.
Job Title: Manager, Program Communications
Location: Remote, Washington
Sector: Non Profit
Experience: Early Career / Mid Career
VillageReach seeks an experienced communications professional – a strategic writer – to drive program communications at VillageReach, with a focus on documenting and sharing evidence and lessons for a range of audiences. This is a dynamic role requiring a candidate who will own the direction of program communications strategies. They will write compelling program communications that raises visibility, enhances knowledge or influences perceptions, working with a broad set of internal program stakeholders. This position reports to the Director of Communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
· Drive the process for developing strategic communications strategies and work plans
o Partner with the Director, Communications to roll-out the process with all Advocacy and Communications managers
· Develop program materials – from end-to-end – starting with defining audiences and key messages, all the way to producing the collateral and communications assets, such as whitepapers, strategy documents, policy papers, journal and academic papers, presentations, and other written deliverables
· Own assigned campaigns and all associated tactics ensuring that they are world-class and deliver results
- Identify opportunities to make technical information digestible and compelling to key audiences through the use of infographics
- Develop dissemination plans to dictate how and where to share materials and information to reach key stakeholders
· Support VillageReach staff with the development and implementation of program communications objectives
· Partner with Advocacy and Communications team members across our country offices in the development of their program communications strategies, plans and materials
The following competencies reflect what is expected of all VillageReach employees; including examples of how one might demonstrate each of these competencies in one’s role.
· Personal Motivation and Drive: Is self-directed in one’s approach to work, but asks for help when needed; holds oneself accountable; undertakes self-development activities; seeks to build and master new skills; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities within the organization
· Collaboration & Effective Communication: Establishes and maintains effective relations with coworkers, partners & stakeholders and external parties; works collaboratively with others to accomplish organizational and team goals and objectives; works actively to resolve conflicts; expresses ideas and thoughts effectively; selects and uses appropriate communication methods and maintains meaningful communication with virtual coworkers and other parties to keep them informed
· Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Takes personal responsibility for and supports others across the organization in creating and sustaining a diverse work environment where individuals are welcomed, valued, respected and supported; personally committed to attaining cultural competency including self-awareness of one’s own attitudes about culture and cross-cultural interactions; exhibits the willingness and ability to engage openly and respectfully around issues of race, colonialism, identity and culture; upholds equity in access to sharing of information, ideas, and opportunities throughout VillageReach
· Commitment to Excellence: Produces a high output of work, both in terms of quality and quantity; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; monitors work to ensure quality; has a personal commitment to the mission of VillageReach
· Solution Orientation & Innovation: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how to best achieve them; gets the job done; sees opportunities for creative problem-solving while staying within the parameters of good practice; sees old problems in new ways and has novel approaches to solving those problems; contributes original and/or resourceful ideas to their area of responsibility; is able to consider and articulate risks and consequences of proposed innovations and factor these into decision-making
Also see: CORE Group Job Recruitment – U.S.A
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a writing-position, so superb writing skills and the ability to assemble, distill and analyze complex information for decision-making and knowledge sharing is critical.
- Proven experience working both at a strategic level, as well as at a tactical level (just getting heads down to write a piece) is central to your success in this role.
- Expertise in the use of imagery, storytelling and data visualization.
- Skilled in working collaboratively and collegially in a geographically dispersed team.
- Demonstrated understanding of the role of advocacy and communications efforts to increase awareness of health and development issues.
- Experience working with multilateral organizations such as Gavi, The Global Fund, WHO, UNICEF, World Bank, and/or bilateral aid organizations.
· Ability to be self-directed, prioritize and perform multiple tasks, problem-solve, and work under pressure.
· Comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 8 – 10 years’ experience working in a global health or international development organization in a program / strategic communications role.
· Master’s degree required in journalism, communications, public relations, international relations, or related field.
o Subject-matter expertise in global health is strongly desired and preferred.
· Comply with VillageReach’s COVID-19 vaccination policy.
· Established cultural competency in partnering with racial, cultural and linguistically diverse groups.
· Demonstrated understanding of challenges with working in rural, underserved and low-income context; experience living in and/or working in a low-income country a plus.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel) and comfortable in a fast-paced technical environment.
· Fluency in English (CEFR Level C2); French or Portuguese language skills would be a plus!
This position can be located in Seattle, remote in the U.S. in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, New York Oregon, Texas, Virginia, or Washington DC, or one of the African countries where VillageReach has an office (Mozambique, Malawi, and Democratic Republic of Congo). Candidates must be already living in and qualified to work in one of these locations.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you