Apply for the ongoing United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
About The Company:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Job Title: Junior Consultant – Program Policy Officer
Location: Kwazulu Natal Province, South Africa
Experience: Early Career
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced University degree in one or more of the following: Agriculture, Economics, International Development, Social Sciences or other related fields.
- Preferably 2 years or more of post-graduate work experience.
- Fluency (level C) in English language. Knowledge of Korean language is an added advantage.
WFP Tanzania will implement its Country Strategic Plan (CSP) 2022-2027, which focuses on supporting the Government of Tanzania in its effort to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals and the Zero Hunger 2030 agenda. The Tanzania CSP aims to progressively shift the focus of WFP’s work from direct implementation of food assistance programme towards capacity strengthening and technical assistance to national partners.
Under the overall guidance the Head of smallholder farmers Unit, the incumbent will play a key role in supporting KOICA funded smallholder farmer activities implemented in Kigoma region. The consultant will directly support the day-to-day implementation of the project, monitor, analyze and report on progress. Additionally, the consultant will provide support to farmer groups and Agri-Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to enhance forward and backward linkages of the selected value chains with other stakeholders and value chain actors.
Also see: World Bank Group Job Recruitment – U.S.A
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Ensure the provision of technical support and field oversight for implementation of project activities following the project work plans through effective collaboration with cooperating partners in Kigoma region including the Local Government Authorities (LGAs).
- Support in the identification and mapping of SMEs (farmer groups, private off takers, aggregators) and develop appropriate risk mitigation tools for project implementation and scalability
- Conduct supply and demand trend analysis to inform/strengthen sourcing from smallholder farmers
- Prepare realistic milestones to facilitate monitoring and increase transparency among value chain actors
- Advocate for availability of finance solutions for all actors in the supply chains through dialogues and partnership with relevant financial institutions
- Provide support to the development and implementation of WFP’s smallholder sourcing in line with the global WFP supply chain strategies, policies and plans
- Perform qualitative and quantitative data analysis using relevant data analysis and visualization tools; and communicate trends for decision making
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support the training and coaching of extension service providers on agriculture practices, technology adoption, and delivering needs-based and practical trainings to farmers, farmers’ organizations, etc.
- Support the testing of available innovation tools including TEC solutions developed to ease information sharing and transactions among value chain players
- Actively participate in the monitoring missions and keep abreast of all developments in the activity to prepare reports, briefings, background notes, and other documentation as required
- Regularly share information on progress of implementation, challenges and emerging issues with supervisors to support rapid resolution
- Identify and prioritize issues for inclusion in the regular monitoring system – wide and operational reporting
- Support technical field-based missions and Steering Committee meetings – organize missions and meetings, prepare the agenda, provide background material and draft minutes
- Perform any other related duties as required
Also see: UN OCHA Job Recruitment – U.S.A
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Direct or Indirect KOICA experience is an advantage.
- Familiarity with project planning and implementing including support and capacity building of partners.
- Ability to frequently travel within the country.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Strong oral and written communication skills are necessary to ensure WFP strategies and projects are well articulated to all stakeholders including beneficiaries, partners, local governments and donors.
- Flexibility and ability to work harmoniously with people of different national and cultural background.
- Experience with international organization(s) or business (es) a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to provide consistent and timely services to meet the changing needs, demands and expectations of partners, allowing value chain actors to actively participate and contribute to decisions that are relevant to their needs.
- Strong problem solving, negotiation skills and Strong analytical skills
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Contract Duration: 11 months (renewable based on performance subject to project funding).
- Only candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted.
- Applications must be submitted online.
- Attach copies of your qualification.
- By submitting to copies of your application, you have read the terms of reference for this position and agree that any false, wrong information might lead to disqualification in the recruitment process
Also see: USAID/BHA Job Recruitment – U.S.A
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for receiving application is 22.06.2022
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you
Leave a Comment