The University of Manchester is delighted to announce the UK Government GREAT Scholarships open to international students with outstanding records in academics who wish to enrol in degree program at the University.
The scholarship, jointly funded by The University of Manchester with the UK government’s GREAT Britain campaign and the British Council, offers up to £10,000 towards tuition fees for one-year master’s programmes in specific subject areas to students from India and Nigeria, who will enrol in the 2022/23 academic year.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): UK Government/University of Manchester, UK
Host Institution(s): University of Manchester
Scholarship Worth: $10,000
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Student
DETAILS | UK Government GREAT Scholarships at University of Manchester 2022
GREAT scholarships are jointly funded by The University of Manchester with the UK government’s GREAT Britain campaign and the British Council. The scholarship is available for any master’s in the School of Natural Sciences or School of Engineering, School of Law and School of Arts, Languages and Cultures.
To be eligible for UK Government GREAT Scholarships for International Students, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be a citizen of Nigeria or India
- Applicants must be motivated and academically able to follow and benefit from a UK postgraduate taught course.
- Applicants must meet the English language requirement of the UK University
- Applicants must be willing to embody the UK higher education experience, by attending lectures and tutorials and engaging with extra-curricular activities, and act as an ambassador for UK higher education, by promoting the value of studying at a UK University
- Applicants must be willing to establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic
- Applicants must be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships, by sharing experiences of studying in the UK with future GREAT scholars
- Applicants must represent the high standards of the GREAT brand by becoming an advocate for scholarships
- Applicants must be willing to attend a networking event of all UK-based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences
- Applicants must be willing to demonstrate future contribution to capacity-building and socio-economic advancement through the benefits achieved after graduating from UK higher education about his or her own experience of studying in the UK
How-to-Apply: To be considered for the Award of British Council GREAT Scholarship in partnership with The University of Manchester, You must complete a GREAT scholarship application form before deadline. This will be emailed to all relevant offer-holders by the International Office.
Successful applicants will be notified by 17 June 2022. Explore the relevant country profiles for further guidance with regards to scholarship opportunities for your country.
Application Deadline: June 01, 2022