Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Vendor Support – FMCG
Job Type: Full-time
Department: Commercial – Key Account Management
- As a Strategic vendor services associate at Jumia, you will be responsible for the end to end management of one of our key partners; with the objective of growing and transforming the business.
- This position is currently one of the positions where Jumia is investing the most to grow the pool of talent. We expect the best performers to be the next wave of key account managers, head of categories in the company.
- You will focus on managing a single key partner from the very essence of marketing & commercial, to operations or even co-organization of Jumia key commercial events, your scope will provide you will all levers to drive your Brand toward the right direction.
- This role is for top performers looking for close collaboration with senior commercial leaders to help accelerate their commercial careers.
- Ensuring full assortment agreed with Jumia is live on the website at any given moment in time.
- Ensuring we are meeting our ambition in terms of NMV, volumes and page views agreed in the JBP
- Schedule inbound and returns to ensure optimal stock rotation in Jumia Warehouse.
- Ensuring content of each product is up to the brand’s (and Jumia’s) Standards.
- Build marketing plan that will allow strong growth for the brand.
- Following up on the execution of the marketing plan agreed with the brand and deliver on demand proofs of executions –perform ROI analysis, gather data for specific campaigns.
- Provide regular analysis on the performance of the brand based on the brand report.
- Having weekly touch point with market stakeholder (brand and Jumia) to ensure progress
- Create monthly commercial planning and brief for creatives on all main marketing channels for each market
- Coordinating Tier 1 event preparation such as Jumia anniversary and Black Friday
- Preparing and leading monthly business review and steerco between the brand and Jumia.
- Make sure sliders are updates, store is live, SKUs are tagged, all links work properly etc…Act as a curator for the brand’s store.
- Follow-up and support on payment and reconciliations.
- Build and forecast JBP defining main inflections and monthly target of NMV, volumes, page views, conversion rate and average item value.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 7+ years Consulting or FMCG experience.
- Fluency in English & French.
- Action oriented and performance driven.
- Strong management and inter-personal skills.
- Good analytical and data management skills.
- Ability to anticipate, structure and organize.
- Well organized and very detail oriented.
- Resistant to stress.
- Finding simple solutions to complex problems
What We Offer
- A unique opportunity in implementing and executing new ideas for a thriving e-commerce business
- The opportunity to work with professional and dynamic teams in and outside your local country.
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online