Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Solution Delivery Specialist
Employment Type: Full time
Reporting To: IT Enterprise Applications Lead
- This role is responsible for the running of the software delivery process, providing leadership, focus, guidance, and coordination to drive multiple cross-functional Agile teams to deliver functionality across IE’s many delivery platforms.
- Apply agile software principles as tailored to IE’s operations to oversee the development lifecycle for teams’ applications and services, collaborating closely with software developers and managers to architect and curate the best technical design, and implementation and maintenance practices.
- Serve as point of escalation, review and approval for key issues and decisions for all solution delivery domains.
- Ensure that the tools and environment required for solution development are available and accessible.
- Ensure the business analysis function supports the development of solutions by performing scoping assessments, developing business cases, and defining functional requirements.
- Provide high level validation to technical design documents and ensure that all security designs and implementations adhere to enterprise security standards.
- Ensure that transitioned services have been developed to meet operational and service level requirements.
- Work with Team Lead, Solution Architect, Product Owners, and Business Stakeholders in the roadmap definition process.
- Work with Support, Services, and Release management functions to roll out new features to Production and support the product in the field.
- Gather, document, and verify information relating to business process design and improvement assignments.
- Foster an environment of excellent communication to consistently maintain clarity and transparency about the software delivery process across a variety of company stakeholders.
- Manage, execute, and communicate project plans and delivery commitments to maximize the performance of software teams while maintain a good and motivating working climate. Collaborate closely with UX, QA, Technical Writers, Solution Architects, and DevOps teams to deliver functionality within our regular release cycles.
- Work with IT team to continuously drive improvements in quality, productivity, and the software development processes, and champion best practices.
- Serve as a risk-management liaison for the software development team, working closely with the IE Risk and Audit teams to coordinate several risk management and audit activities for the software development team.
- Monitor department’s performance through Key Performance Measures.
- Ensure provision of adequate resources for various activities of the department.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Assist in carrying out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
- First Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or any other related field; or MBA in Information Technology Management or related areas.
- Minimum of 6+ years professional experience in a software development environment, at least 3 of which were in an Agile environment as a manager, or technical leader.
- Professional certification e.g., PMP/PRINCE II
- Should have hands-on experience as a Project Administrator, Project Coordinator, or similar role.
- Extensive leadership experience and strong teaming abilities.
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget and timeline.
- Cloud Certification (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Knowledge of Agile & DevOps methodologies
- Previous success in producing deliverable software platforms
- Experience developing in-house platforms for internal processes.
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations
- Strong collaborator
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
- Risk Management
- Management and leadership skills.
Application Closing Date
6th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online