Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) – Buoyed by a mission to redefine customer experience and be the provider of choice wherever energy is consumed, the Ikeja Electric (IE), Nigeria’s largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Testing Specialist
Employment Type: Full time
Reporting To: IT Enterprise Applications Lead
- This role is responsible for assessing the software quality of IE through manual and automated testing;
- Finding and reporting bugs / glitches while ensuring that IE products, applications, and systems work correctly;
- Designs and implement tests, debug, and define corrective actions, review system requirements, and tracks quality assurance metrics (e.g., defect densities and open defect counts.)
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Conduct tests before product launch to ensure software runs smoothly and meets business users’ needs while being cost-effective
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open-source tools.
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs.
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g., developers and product managers) to identify system requirements.
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts.
- Stay up to date with new testing tools and test strategies.
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Monitor department’s performance through Key Performance Measures.
- Ensure provision of adequate resources for various activities of the department.
- Comply with Quality Management System / Occupational Health & Safety requirements, including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Assist in carrying out any other duties as requested by the Head of Department.
- First Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics or a closely related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in Quality Assurance for highly complex projects related to distributed platform.
- Proven experience with black box and white box testing techniques and tools.
- Experience in automating RESTful and Web Services, Microservices and data processes (extracting/loading).
- Experience with Selenium, Selenium Grid, Protractor, Visual Studio or Parasoft SOATest.
- Experience with a SQL or NoSQL database like Oracle, SQL, MongoDB, transfer, or data delivery technologies.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently.
- Communication and Interpersonal Relations.
- Strong collaborator.
- Managing Resources.
- Management and leadership skills.
- Business Focus.
Application Closing Date
6th April, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online