Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Merchandising Associate
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Commercial – Commercial Planning
- Drives merchandising insights to optimize onsite product placements to drive performance and also responsible for merchandising execution and quality control-validating that all cost assets are completely accurate.
- Responsible for reviewing past campaign performance *constantly* to refine best practices/approach per category
- Conducts competitive research reviewing pages of competitors and best-in class in market to identify new merchandising strategies
- Conducts A/B testing and experiments with onsite merchandising to identify best approach
- Collaborates closely with commercial planners to identify & implement the best strategy to animate categories
- Responsible for sharing all materials requested for onsite/campaign placements
- Responsible for accuracy of all onsite assets>>>slides, flash sales pages, boosting,CRM, etc. Anything that goes to the customer is QC-ed by the merchandiser
- Responsible for execution of all onsite changes for boosting-excluding design/onsite scope
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Administration, Economics, Statistics)
- 2-4 years of work experience in a structured and analytical environment
- Advanced degree preferred but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite – Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, etc.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term
- objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online