Christian Aid (CA) is a UK-based international NGO, partnering with others to end poverty in Africa. At the heart of this vision is the transformation of the lives of people who live in poverty, empowering them to have a brighter future. Christian Aid works in more than 30 countries and has been operating in Nigeria since 2003. The Nigeria Country programme focuses on Community Health and HIV, Accountable Governance including humanitarian response and Gender.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Contracted Hours: 35
Contract Length: 2 Years
About the Role
- We are recruiting a Senior Internal Auditor International to work internationally developing our capacity in Africa, Asia & Middle East, and Latin & Central America.
- The role will be part of the global Audit Risk and Assurance team, but its main focus will be to deliver a schedule of internal audits in the international programmes covering both whole country programmes and individual donor grants, reporting to the Internal Audit Manager for International.
- This is a high-profile role that requires significant communication, negotiation, influencing, process, and controls skills to assist organisational understanding of and management of risk. It is also required to test compliance to Christian Aid’s key controls
- You are a skilled accountant with years of internal audit experience with INGOs.
- You can work on assignments autonomously or as part of a team.
- You can expertly interface with relevant audit stakeholders, scoping of audit work, testing of systems and processes, and providing timely reporting on the results of the audit to management for audits allocated to them within the overall internal audit plan.
- You are proactive and can support the capacity building of international teams, working closely with the Internal Audit Manager, International and help to embed a strong culture of compliance to ensure excellence in systems and processes.
- This role requires applicants to have the right to work in the country where this position is based.
- For internal candidates (CA staff) – This role can be based in their base location and where CA (Christian Aid) has an operational office.
As part of your application you will be asked to demonstrate your suitability by giving answers to the following questions:
- Impact and Influence: Describe a situation where you have identified a complex issue that impacted a number of different stakeholders and made appropriate recommendations in a credible and persuasive manner. How did you go about it and what difference did your input make to the situation that you had identified?
- Customer Focus: In a recent role, what steps have you made to proactively develop relationships with people outside of your immediate team. How would these stakeholders describe you?
- Effectiveness & Accountability: Describe a time when you have had to deal with competing priorities. How did you prioritise and what were the consequences of your decision?
Application Closing Date
8th April, 2022.