Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Rig Supervisor
Location: Lagos Island, Nigeria
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 weeks
Job Status: Sourcing
- The Rig Supervisor is responsible for every aspect of daily rig operations and supervises all employees working on the rig as well as drilling activities and rig equipment.
- This includes compliance with Company policies, rules and regulations, ensuring that employees and onsite personnel are working safely, planning maintenance and minimizing rig down time.
- The Rig Manager provides leadership, safety compliance and direction in resolving operational and personnel issues.
- The Rig supervisor is also responsible for planning and directing drilling operations, rig moves, as well as regular communication with Company personnel, third parties and other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide leadership to ensure safety of all onsite personnel with goal of working incident-free
- Supervision, direction, and training of drilling rig crew members including compliance with all safety and operational procedures
- Management of rig operations, production, maintenance, costs, and personnel to the meet the Company’s business objectives
- Understand Comprehensive Rig Inspection (CRI) criteria and strive for continual improvement by regularly inspecting and maintaining rig and equipment
- Initiate and foster productive partnership with Customer representative
- Understand and use basic management concepts and principles including delegation, motivation, discipline, goal setting and performance evaluation
- Efficiently and proficiently operate and maintain rig equipment by planning preventative maintenance including necessary replacement supplies
- Anticipate, quickly troubleshoot and resolve operational, equipment and maintenance issues to minimize rig downtime
- Plan daily rig operations with Driller and Customer representative
- Lead pre- and post-tour meetings including crew fit-for-duty evaluations
- Fill in for Driller or other rig-based employees as needed
- General upkeep of the rig and drilling floor; supervises regular sweeping, shoveling, cleaning, painting, washing of equipment and related housekeeping duties
- Plan and supervise rig moves including rig up / down procedures.
QMS, EMS & QH & SMS Responsibilities:
- Implement the QMS as defined by the manual and related procedures.
- Obtain and communicate customer requirements to the appropriate personnel or functional organization.
- Ensure that qualified personnel and other resources are available to implement the QMS.
- Ensure that services satisfy customer requirements including quality, safety, cost, schedule, and performance; and
- Ensure that personnel comply with applicable laws, regulations, specifications, standards, and documented procedures.
- Ensuring the integration of the OHSMS and EMS requirements into the departmental processes
- Ensuring effective management of environmental aspects, risks and opportunities and implementation of improvement programs
- Ensuring that the environmental and occupational health and safety management systems achieves its intended results within department.
- A Degree in related Engineering field.
- Minimum of 10 years Drilling operations experience
- Experience in handling multiple projects simultaneously including prioritizing, organizing, and planning effectively to meet all deadlines
- Proven Experience in handling large rigs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise all rig crew positions
(Floorhand, Motorhand, Derrickhand, and Driller)
- Must be able to utilize standard formulas and basic mathematical equations to compute and report various rig operation metrics
- Must be able to verbally communicate directions and expectations
effectively to the rig crew and third parties
- Must possess strong Microsoft office skills (. e.g., reports, email,
spreadsheets, graphs, etc.)
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 years – 55 years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree title: A Degree in related Engineering field
- Experience: Minimum Experience 10 Year
- Other experience: Minimum of 10 years drilling Operations Experience
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager).
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online