Apply for the ongoing Purpose PBC (Purpose) Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This Purpose PBC (Purpose) job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
Purpose is a home for public mobilization and storytelling on the world’s biggest issues. The world is changing and we need to change the way we think about changing the world. To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, and political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart political strategy and powered by new technologies for participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, and ultimately drives targeted action that shifts decision-makers and creates lasting impact.
Job Title: Partnerships Director
Location: Sydney, Australia
Experience: Mid Career
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an integral part of the Partnerships team at Purpose, the Partnerships Director is critical in ensuring the success of our business development and fundraising efforts in Australia and the Asia-Pacific region. This person will seek to build partnerships that create positive, tangible social and political impact in the world and create solutions to the complex global challenges that we face. You will be primarily responsible, in consultation with the Head of Office and Global Managing Director, for building the business development strategy for Australia, with a focus on the corporate sector. Your day-to-day will be working closely with our Strategy, Creative, and Campaigns teams to develop proposals (including materials such as briefs, decks, and pitches) for potential projects and labs with prospective clients and partners, including progressive companies, foundations, NGOs and individuals working on these global challenges (such as climate change, global health, modern slavery, education, civil rights, etc.).
This is a full-time role based in our Sydney office and reports to the Head of Office.
Business Development Strategy
- Leverage existing relationships and network, and bolster with new research to identify new business opportunities in the corporate sector, and build on existing assets and resources to tailor Purpose’s offering to meet those opportunities.
- Develop and see through the implementation of a business strategy for Purpose in Australia and the Asia Pacific region.
Proposal Development and Deliverable Creation:
- Develop and/or delegate responsibilities to create the necessary deliverables for the pitch process to prospective clients – from initial emails and memorandums outlining potential collaborative efforts, to Purpose credential decks, proposals elaborating our vision for potential engagements, detailed scopes of work/contracts, and pitch decks for client presentations
- Research current programs and initiatives of prospective clients to identify possible areas for collaboration/partnership
- Project manage and delegate responsibilities across business development teams to develop the campaigns or creative strategy for engagements with prospective clients (including convening brainstorms, setting up scoping sessions, etc.)
Internal Process Management:
- Work closely with the local leadership team to design a partnerships strategy and plan
- Track and report on new business pipeline against goals and implementation of strategy and plan
- Track revenue and report on annual forecast and quarterly trends
- Liaise with the staffing team regarding upcoming resource needs
- Build pitch teams: work with the Strategy, Creative, and Campaigns teams to ensure each new opportunity has an owner and that no opportunity falls through the cracks
- Track and coordinate ongoing conversations with prospective clients
- Support in developing and overseeing any Purpose mass communication as needed (e.g., email newsletters, marketing emails, social media, etc.)
- Research, identify and qualify prospective partners and clients
- Serve as trusted point of contact for prospects and new clients
- You have 10+years full-time working experience (relevant fields might include management consulting, business development, strategic partnerships, nonprofit development, or philanthropy) * Bonus: You have a background, advanced degrees, or networks in the social good and social impact fields e.g. human rights, international development, climate change, civil liberties, etc.
- You are experienced in managing a small interdisciplinary team
- You are an excellent writer with experience in grant writing, composing research-based and analytical papers, policy papers, editorials or articles on above mentioned issues, able to synthesize complex ideas into simple straightforward language and communicate clearly and succinctly
- You have experience and skills in client-facing roles
- You have project management experience
- You have a rich and diverse research background and a strong skill set in the kinds of complex global issues that Purpose tackles (be prepared to provide examples of relevant research experience)
- You have superior attention to detail and organizational capabilities and are able to manage multiple priorities at the same time
- You have strong interpersonal skills and a very high EQ
- You are able to remain upbeat, calm, and strategic under high-pressure and/or challenging scenarios that require nimble thinking and problem-solving.
- You care deeply about the world and are dedicated to making a positive impact
- You are curious and committed to learning and thriving in a fast-paced growth-stage company environment
If these are the things that get you up in the morning, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume and a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion and qualifications for the role.
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities and backgrounds in different ways. We are stronger and most effective with a diverse team leading the charge and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome the unique contributions that individuals bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you