Apply for the ongoing ONE Campaign Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This ONE Campaign job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
ONE Campaign is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
Location: Toronto, Canada
Experience: Mid Career
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out – organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives – and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
This is an internship of approximately 30 hours per week, interns will primarily work with the campaigns team and support other digital communications activities.
The Campaigns and Organizing Intern will work with the Canada Team and Global Campaigns Team to expand the reach of ONE within the federal electoral district of University-Rosedale and other key electoral districts in Toronto. The intern will conduct digital and in person outreach and recruitment as well as maintain, and contribute, to databases, and assist with special events as needed.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Conduct outreach and relationship building activities to identify and cultivate key supporters for ONE’s Global Activists programs in Toronto.
- Strategically recruit and engage with ONE’s key constituencies, including diaspora communities, faith communities, and youth in Toronto.
- Work with ONE staff to plan and execute strategic outreach activities in the city, while demonstrating sound financial consideration for use of ONE’s resources and ensuring productive outcomes.
- Maintain a volunteer database with key data from the GTA and ensure timely submission of action data from local activities.
- Coordinate regular supporter meetings and trainings related to recruitment and development opportunities.
- Serve on project teams to develop constituency resources, training, and other identified capacity-building products.
- Attend special events and promote ONE and our campaigns to the public.
- Draft and schedule social media posts for ONE Canada channels.
- And additional duties as determined.
WHAT YOU BRING TO ONE
- To apply for an internship at ONE Canada, you must be at least 18 years of age on the day of hiring. Undergraduate degree is preferred but not necessary.
- Experience working with the African Diaspora in Toronto and significant connection to African development issues.
- Excellent ability to verbally communicate about complex policy issues with the general public. This includes experience in outreach or sales.
- Prior intern experience in the advocacy and/or political field is an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Ability to manage multiple, shifting priorities under tight deadlines while performing in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Experience or training in international development, communications, community-organizing, advocacy, public engagement, community development, and/or demonstrable interest in the causes ONE supports.
- Ability to travel within GTA frequently.
- Ability and willingness to work on weekends and holidays.
- Commitment to following public health guidelines while conducting public outreach including mask wearing.
- Ability to take public transit or have access to your own vehicle.
- Lift and move 10 KG objects safely.
- Reliable access to the internet
Also see: FHI 360 Job Recruitment – U.S.A
- Highly organized, analytical, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Collaborative approach and strong interpersonal skills
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Leadership and teamwork skills
- Takes action and is results focused
- Flexible and resourceful
- Independent problem solver
Fluency in English required. Proficiency in other languages is highly preferred such as French and Somali or other native languages to Africa.
Within Toronto and throughout the University Rosedale electoral district
Remote work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. This position will require the candidate to work remotely and participate in work and learning activities virtually. The intern is required to have remote access to the internet during the scheduled hours of the internship. The interns are also required to engage in public outreach within the electoral district of University Rosedale.
Are you ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease?
Please submit a video link to a video (3 minutes or less) of yourself introducing someone to ONE’s Global Fund campaign if you were tabling at the Toronto Pride event. You can find information about the Global Fund and ONE’s campaigning on our social media channels, on the Global Fund website and ONE.org. Recommended platforms for submitting this video include Loom or YouTube .
Please also submit a cover letter (1 page) and resume (3 pages max) in a single PDF.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please email firstname.lastname@example.org). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
We understand that a diversity of strengths, experiences, and backgrounds makes our team stronger. If this position interests you, we encourage you to apply and tell us why you are a great candidate for the role. ONE does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. To learn more about our diversity and inclusion work and priorities, visit https://www.one.org/us/about/diversity/ .
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you