MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Network Security Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
- The Network Security Engineer will ensure that applications and infrastructure are designed and implemented to the highest security standards, thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust.
- He will participate in security audits, risk analysis, vulnerability testing and security reviews on all MainOne IPNGN infrastructures.
- Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
- Ensure the overall security posture of the network
- Secure network by enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access
- Interpret Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and apply them to appropriate network devices
- Develop and interpret security policies and procedures
- Mentor junior members of the IP and security team
- Participate in security compliance efforts (e.g., PCIDSS and ISO27001)
- Develop and deliver training materials and perform general security awareness and specific security technology training
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security products and technologies
- Participate in tier 2 and tier 3 security operations support
- Participate in incident handling
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3 – 4 years of experience in infrastructure or application-level vulnerability testing and auditing
- At least 3 years of system, network and/or application security experience
- 3 – 4 years of experience working with: Cisco Routers & Switches, operating systems, (e.g. Windows and/or Linux), Network Administration, and TCP/IP
- At least 2 years of experience working with: Systems security, Network security, Firewalls, IDS / IPS, vulnerability assessments, incident response.
- Consistent implementation of security solutions at different levels
- Knowledge of network routing and security protocols and implementations: TCP/IP, SSL, IPSEC VPN, SSL VPN, and VLANs
- Analyze events and logs using security event management tools
- Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP,
- HTTPS, routing protocols)
- Strong understanding of a process driven environment
- CCNA, CCSP or Security+ certification or equivalent
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong customer service experience and orientation required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demands of the Job
- Availability to work extra hours in times of emergency and specialized project deliveries.
- Understand and manage the pressure of a 24×7 customer support environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve systems problems and issues
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online