Apply for the ongoing National Defense University Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This National Defense University job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
About The Company:
The National Defense University is an institution of higher education funded by the United States Department of Defense, intended to facilitate high-level education, training, and professional development of national security leaders.
Location: Washington, D.C
Under the direction of a CASL Division Director, the incumbent is responsible for assisting with designing, developing, and executing wargames in support of the educational and external engagement programs for the Office of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, and the colleges of the NDU. When directed, the incumbent is responsible for assisting with experiential education programs for the academic, non-governmental, and interagency policy communities at the strategic and operational levels. The incumbent may also be responsible for assisting in designing, developing, and facilitating national security exercises in support of the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), the Joint Staff, the Combatant Commands, the Department of State, the Department of Homeland Security, Members of Congress, State Governors, and other activities as directed.
- The incumbent conducts research and analysis focused on the development of national defense exercises concerning a wide range of domestic and international challenges. The incumbent assists with researching and developing exercise and simulation concepts, methodologies, and approaches that are focused on best practices for application at the policy-making, strategic, and operational levels. The incumbent studies and evaluates best practices for NDU curriculum support, such as case studies, simulations, or practical exercises. The incumbent carries out inter-disciplinary research to ensure that information products for experiential learning exercises and events reflect the most relevant information available to decision-makers with the appropriate content and in the correct format. The incumbent assists in the development of background studies, decision papers, force structures analyses, contingency plans, and policy analyses that reflect the current, or the relevant scenario-based, thinking of the Department of Defense and the civilian federal departments and agencies. The incumbent analyzes all of the instruments of national power for development and execution of political-military experiential learning exercises. The incumbent also studies and analyzes relevant social science work including pedagogy, adult learning, organizational science, group dynamics, psychology, and sociology. The incumbent applies this range of knowledge to the process of developing relevant exercises, simulations, and topical studies. The incumbent may perform travel (domestic and potentially international) to assist with the design, development, and the execution of exercises, participate in meetings and conferences, to share and to acquire current state-of-the-art innovations in the field of experiential learning, and otherwise support the CASL mission. Travel may be up to 15% of work time. The incumbent collaborates with other national security experts from the government and private sector to share information on a broad range of national and homeland security issues. The incumbent identifies emerging national security issues within specific areas of competence or responsibility and represents CASL in interactions with U.S. military Senior Service Colleges and/or their wargaming centers/components.
- The incumbent assists CASL teams that are developing and implementing national and homeland security exercises and other experiential learning activities, with a particular emphasis on subjects related to Globally Integrated/All Domain Operations that can include stability operations, defense resourcing, transregional multi-domain warfighting, humanitarian assistance/disaster relief, homeland security, counter-terrorism, cybersecurity, and other emerging national security threats. The incumbent provides advice and support to the staff, faculty, and students of NDU and other Senior Service Colleges and the wargaming centers in order to assist in developing programs, research, exercises, and simulations in support of academic goals and requirements. The incumbent participates in the curriculum design and development process. The incumbent provides the Division Director inputs on effectiveness of the Division’s exercises and works with him/her to ensure that both meet the highest quality standards and support the sponsors’ requirements. The incumbent recommends changes to improve quality of CASL exercises and simulations. The incumbent represents CASL in activities with OSD, Joint Staff and other government agencies and non-governmental organizations when directed. The incumbent participates in exercise execution and facilitation for academic and outreach populations.
- The incumbent assists with the organization, planning, and execution of exercises, symposia, conferences, workshops, and other CASL activities in support the full range of CASL clients. The incumbent also performs administrative and other project management tasks as directed by the Division Director in accordance with all applicable guidelines and policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Also see: Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) Job Recruitment
Conditions of Employment
Background or Security Investigation: This is a Non-Critical Sensitive position which requires a background investigation. The individual selected for this position is required to obtain and maintain a Secret security determination to occupy a Non-Critical Sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment.
To qualify for this position, you must:
1. A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education (or equivalent) in an appropriate discipline (such as political science, history, international relations, economics, etc.) is required for the position of Wargaming Assistant.
2. Demonstrated potential to conduct research, academic writing, and performing teaching tasks, particularly in the fields of international relations and national/homeland security.
3. Experience relevant to planning academic-oriented programs and events, working with program stakeholders/clients to ensure the project meets the desired outcomes.
4. Experience, education or training in facilitating or leading group discussion, working groups or multifunctional/organizational committees.
1. Experience in the study of national-level policy formulation, planning, implementation, and management of national security-related programs (e.g., humanitarian assistance/disaster relief, defense resourcing, homeland security, transregional multi-domain warfighting, cybersecurity, or stability and reconstruction operations).
2. Experience with Microsoft Office suite tools, Adobe suite tools, video editing tools, GIS tools, modeling/simulation tools, and/or knowledge related to relevant social science work including pedagogy, adult learning, organizational science, group dynamics, psychology, and sociology.
3. Relevant practical experience in the national and/or homeland security field and experience in wargaming, or demonstrated potential in teaching, engagement, scholarship/research, or professional contributions is preferred.
Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills, and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Also see: Vera Solutions Recruitment 2022, Job Vacancies
Education Requirement: A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education (or equivalent) in an appropriate discipline (such as political science, history, international relations, economics, etc.) is required for the position of Wargaming Assistant..
Official transcripts will be required at time of selection to verify educational requirements are met.
NDU has a comprehensive benefits package that includes retirement, social security, and thrift savings; health, life, and long term care insurance; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays. NDU employees enjoy flexible work schedules, transit subsidy, and the opportunity to telecommute.
Initial Probationary Period: You will be required to serve an initial probationary period of 18 months.
Also see: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Recruitment 2022, Job Vacancies
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you
Leave a Comment