Apply for the ongoing Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
MEDA – Mennonite Economic Development Associates – is an international economic development organization that creates business solutions to poverty. For nearly 70 years, MEDA has been creating business solutions to poverty that are sustainable, scalable, measurable and replicable.
MEDA began as an association of Mennonite business people who believed they were called to be faithful in generously sharing their abilities and resources. Continuing in that Christian tradition, MEDA welcomes all who share our values and want to join us in our mission.
Location: Waterloo, Canada
Experience: Mid Career
Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for a Manager, Corporate & Investment Finance to join our dedicated and talented Finance & Legal team in our mission to create business solutions to poverty!
MEDA’s work is built on a foundation of Mennonite business roots and faith-based values, within the global context of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We believe business solutions are effective interventions to address poverty. Through a market-systems approach and strategic partnerships, MEDA enables access to finance and provides business and technical expertise to build transformative agri-food market systems that create decent jobs, allowing traditionally excluded groups to become active participants in a sustainable economy. MEDA welcomes all who share our values and want to join us in our mission. To find out more about MEDA, please visit our website at www.meda.org.
The Manager, Corporate & Investment Finance provides financial analysis and reporting for MEDA’s consolidated financial and impact investment activities. This position helps to ensure the overall success of MEDA through a strong control framework for the finance, accounting and treasury functions.
- Job Status: Full-time
- Start Date: August 2022
- Location: Waterloo, Ontario (Hybrid work arrangement available)
Corporate Finance (60%)
- Provide financial analysis and reporting to MEDA departments
- Support and coordinate the annual financial budget and monthly forecast
- Prepare financial regulatory reports such as CRA T3010, IRS Form 990 and other tax/government filings
- Coordinate and support the external audit of MEDA’s financial statements
- Maintain and continuously improve the financial systems, tools and reporting structures for corporate and field finance
- Prepare month-end journal entries and account reconciliations
- Perform banking and cash management procedures as needed
- Provide support and analysis to the Sr. Director, Corporate Finance and the Chief Financial & Investment Officer for board meetings and finance committee meetings
- Provide back-up support to the Sr. Director, Corporate Finance for all Corporate Finance functions
- Maintain strong internal financial controls including the development of financial policies, procedures and standards
Investment Finance (40%)
- Liaise between MEDA and Asset Manager for the financial reporting and accounting of the assets held in the MEDA Risk Capital Fund
- Forecast and monitor the investment cashflows
- Perform reporting and analysis to support MEDA’s investment activities including balance sheet asset valuations, asset roll-forwards and reconciliations and return on investment reporting
- Coordinate and support the annual audit of MEDA’s portfolio of impact investments
- Establish and maintain reporting for MEDA’s pipeline of new investment opportunities in collaboration with Global Programs and Innovation and Impact
Any other duties and/or requirements as assigned
Education: University degree in finance, accounting or related field and completion of or actively working towards an Accredited Professional Accounting designation
Experience: Two to five years accounting experience in related field
Technical: Working knowledge of Sage 300 or similar financial system and an aptitude for financial tools and technology
- Detail-oriented, flexible, well-organized, and excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s mission, vision and values
- Team player with excellent skills in building and maintaining relationships and networking
- Strong financial software application skills
- Understanding and appreciation of business principles, international development and MEDA’s approach of creating business solutions to poverty
- Understanding of investment accounting, reporting and analysis
- Understanding of international donor funding and compliance requirements
This job description may be reviewed, revised and updated as required to meet department and/or organizational objectives
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, July 8, 2022 @ 4:00 pm EDT
MEDA is an equal opportunity employer and accommodations are available during all phases of the recruitment process. We ask that any applicants requiring accommodation make their needs known in advance.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you