MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Capital Projects (Civil)
Department: DC & Capital Projects
Job Type: Permanent
- Provide project management leadership for Capital Projects, promoting best practice in Project Management and ensuring assigned projects are delivered to agreed specifications, timelines and approved budget
- Manage the implementation of Data Centers and capital projects/programmes, ensuring projects are being delivered effectively and most efficiently.
- Analyse potential project risks as well as barriers and define appropriate mitigating plans to enable timely avoidance/ resolution.
- Manage Work Breakdown Structure and detailed project management documentations, including milestones and responsibilities share on all Capital Projects.
- Develop processes and work standards required for the implementation of capital projects and monitor compliance to ensure the set objectives are met.
- Responsible for compliance with all Capital Projects departmental processes, keeping custody of all Departmental Process documents
- Guide the Technical team’s capital expenditure for the company in line with the strategic plan and report on the CAPEX spend on Capital projects, ensuring consideration of financial and technical trade-offs as well as compliance with all fiscal and regulatory parameters.
- Perform strategic planning and financial analysis, including budget preparation and obtaining necessary approvals for all capital projects.
- Monitor the budget for capital projects; oversee their financial effectiveness by exercising cost control measures, motivating for budget enhancements when required.
- Monitor and administer the relevant contracts and agreements for each project.
- Measure the delivery of the Technical key performance indicators (KPIs) especially as it relates to the capital projects.
- Ensure proper storage of all project information/documents in the required format and at designated location.
- Prepare reports and presentations on all capital projects as may be required from time to time by the Management
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- A First Degree in Civil Engineering.
- A Master’s Degree in Engineering or Project Management and a Project Management Professional (PMP) certification are required.
- At least 12 years of work experience, six (6) of which must have been in leading and directing complex projects / programmes.
- Excellent engineering design skills is a requirement for this position while good knowledge of Data Centre design and architecture would be an added advantage.
- Outstanding resource management, organization, budgeting, policy design, process development, negotiation and strategic planning skills.
- Impeccable stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent report writing, presentation skills and good attention to details.
Demands of the Job
- Overall successful outcome of all assigned capital projects, ensuring projects meet the agreed quality standards and are delivered on time, within budget and allocated resources.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and willingness to work long hours to meet deadlines.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online