Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience Level: Mid Level
Reports To: Logistics Manager
Proposed Start Date: April 2022
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Logistics Officer who will be responsible for ensuring that efficient and appropriate logistical support is provided in compliance with Action Against Hunger Protocol and procedures.
- Supervise allocation and use of equipment related to facilities; radio communication; check on regular basis the needs of products and equipment for all Action Against Hunger facilities;
- Follow-up and monitor installation, maintenance and repair of equipment in all Action Against Hunger facilities;
- Ensure with the support of the fleet assistant that Action Against Hunger standard vehicle and generator fueling, maintenance and repair processes are implemented and adhered with, logbooks are filled, consolidated and monitored on a regular basis and reported monthly;
- Ensure with the support of the fleet assistant that all drivers follow Action Against Hunger standard procedures for weekly checks and vehicle documentation (Log book, movement log);
- Draw up daily, weekly and Monthly work plan with the radio operator, fleet assistant, and facility assistant, delegate the activities and check that they are executed properly;
- Ensure that all drivers are aware of Action Against Hunger’s standard operating procedures, safety and security rules for movements;
- Develop a monthly planning of purchase for the materials required for the facility management; draft PRs; and ensure quality control of deliveries from suppliers;
- Collect and analyze monthly reports for inventory, running costs of vehicles and generators, the narrative report of activities, facility equipment list;
- Provide useful improvement for construction, rehabilitation and maintenance of structures for the operation of the base (programs, offices, house, warehouse).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with professional experience in Logistics and Procurement with an NYSC Completion certificate;
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in similar responsibilities is required;
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information;
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently;
- Expert User of Microsoft Office Suite 2013 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Ability to manage and follow work plans;
- Ability to think outside the box in problem management;
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment;
- Fluent in English;
- Good interpersonal skills – approachable, diplomatic, able to negotiate, influence, give and receive effective feedback, be a team player;
- Ability to manage stress effectively and juggle competing priorities. Experience in supervisory position an asset;
- Previous experience working for NGOs an asset, particularly international and/or health related NGOs;
- Fluency in one or more national or regional languages an asset;
- Proficient in IT and networking technology.
Starting Gross Basic Salary & Other Benefits
- N281,063 per month (excluding other benefits).
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.