Apply for the ongoing Khan Academy Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This Khan Academy job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
Khan Academy is a nonprofit organization on a mission to provide a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly, and right now we’re hard at work helping learners address any unfinished learning that the COVID-19 pandemic may have caused. We also know that not all communities have been impacted equally by this pandemic, which makes our work focusing on providing equitable solutions to historically under-resourced communities even more important.
Location: Redwood City, United States
WE ARE DRIVEN BY OUR COMMUNITY
Our students, teachers, and parents come from all walks of life and so do we. We are fun, diverse, quirky people that come from a variety of backgrounds. Our team includes people from academia and from high tech companies and tiny startups. We hire great people from diverse backgrounds and experiences, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Valuing diversity, equity and inclusion is necessary for us to actualize our mission and truly impact the communities we serve. We believe that the best way to provide impactful education is to create a diverse team of people from different backgrounds, races, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and experiences. We’re a hardworking team that’s passionate about helping learners and teachers around the globe! We strive to be world class in investing in our people and commit to developing you as a professional.
About the Content Team
Our content team includes the content creators from around the world who make our videos, articles, and practice questions that help students and teachers learn about and teach dozens of courses. Today, Khan’s courses include nearly every math topic from K-14, science and humanities content covering high school and early college, test prep for several national exams, and much more! In the years ahead, we want to double down on making our courses great in classrooms and help push online education to the next level.
About the Sr. Content Program Manager role
Khan Academy is looking for an exceptional Sr. Content Program Manager to conceptualize, build, and execute high-value, high-profile programs that will enable Khan Academy to develop world-class content at scale.
The Sr. Content Program Manager will develop and run critical programs that help the content team ensure content quality, reach a broader audience of learners, and scale our content more rapidly (offer more content in more subjects). Examples of such programs include
- student, teacher, and expert advisory boards, which will regularly review our content and provide feedback to our content team to ensure our content is relevant and high-quality
- internship programs that give students meaningful opportunities to contribute to content creation — from research to production to quality assurance — while still in school
- synchronous online events that give students around the world direct access to Khan Academy faculty, e.g., pre-finals study events where students ask questions about course material and KA faculty answer them
This is an ideal role for someone who wants to develop and take end-to-end ownership for creative, high-impact programs that reach millions of learners around the world and strengthen the quality and reach of Khan Academy’s content.
Also see: VillageReach Job Recruitment – U.S.A
What you’ll do:
- You have a proven track record of independently driving complex projects end-to-end
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action
- You’re a master of process; you can organize roles and responsibilities on a team and make sure nothing falls through the cracks
- You like to get things done and are willing to take on whichever tasks are needed to ensure success. You’re relentless; once you take on a problem, you let no barriers prevent you from solving it
- You have experience working in startups or in similarly fast-paced environments
- You have exceptional relationship management and influencing skills, including with partners, volunteers, or others you don’t directly manage
- You’re kind, collaborative, and a team player; people love working with you
- You have experience working with middle school, high school, and/or college students (nice to have)
- You’re invigorated by the possibility of helping provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5+ years of work experience
You may be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years of Program Management or equivalent experience, bonus if some of that was in a technology or education-based organization
- Direct people management experience
- Proficient in program/project management tools (e.g. Gantt charts, spreadsheets, JIRA, Confluence, presentations, etc.); comfortable collaborating in an online/cloud-based environment (e.g. Google Apps, Slack, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically when implementing programs and solving problems
- Ability to partner with and communicate at appropriate level of detail to multiple levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
PERKS AND BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team extremely well!
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Generous parental leave
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- The ability to put your talents towards a deeply meaningful mission and the opportunity to work on high-impact products that are already defining the future of education
- Affinity groups where Parents, Black, Hispanic/Latino, Women and Gender Minorities, and LGBTQIA+ identified folks come together
- And we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
THE TEAM (optional)
MORE ABOUT US
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
Also see: Coursera Job Recruitment – Canada
OUR COMPANY VALUES
Live & breathe learners
We deeply understand and empathize with our users. We leverage user insights, research, and experience to build content, products, services, and experiences that our users trust and love. Our success is defined by the success of our learners and educators.
Take a stand
As a company, we have conviction in our aspirational point of view of how education will evolve. The work we do is in service to moving towards that point of view. However, we also listen, learn and flex in the face of new data, and commit to evolving this point of view as the industry and our users evolve.
Embrace diverse perspectives
We are a diverse community. We seek out and embrace a diversity of voices, perspectives and life experiences leading to stronger, more inclusive teams and better outcomes. As individuals, we are committed to bringing up tough topics and leaning into different points of view with curiosity. We actively listen, learn and collaborate to gain a shared understanding. When a decision is made, we commit to moving forward as a united team.
Work responsibly and sustainably
We understand that achieving our audacious mission is a marathon, so we set realistic timelines and we focus on delivery that also links to the bigger picture. As a non-profit, we are supported by the generosity of donors as well as strategic partners, and understand our responsibility to our finite resources. We spend every dollar as though it were our own. We are responsible for the impact we have on the world and to each other. We ensure our team and company stay healthy and financially sustainable.
Bring out the joy
We are committed to making learning a joyful process. This informs what we build for our users and the culture we co-create with our teammates, partners and donors.
Cultivate learning mindset
We believe in the power of growth for learners and for ourselves. We constantly learn and teach to improve our offerings, ourselves, and our organization. We learn from our mistakes and aren’t afraid to fail. We don’t let past failures or successes stop us from taking future bold action and achieving our goals.
We insist on high standards and deliver delightful, effective end-to-end experiences that our users can rely on. We choose to focus on fewer things — each of which aligns to our ambitious vision — so we can deliver high-quality experiences that accelerate positive measurable learning with our strategic partners.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you