Apply for the ongoing International Civil Aviation Organization Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This International Civil Aviation Organization job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
ICAO is funded and directed by 193 national governments to support their diplomacy and cooperation in air transport as signatory states to the Chicago Convention (1944).
Its core function is to maintain an administrative and expert bureaucracy (the ICAO Secretariat) supporting these diplomatic interactions, and to research new air transport policy and standardization innovations as directed and endorsed by governments through the ICAO Assembly, or by the ICAO Council which the assembly elects.
Industry and civil society groups, and other concerned regional and international organizations, also participate in the exploration and development of new standards at ICAO in their capacity as ‘Invited Organizations’.
As new priorities are identified by these stakeholders, the ICAO secretariat convenes panels, task forces, conferences and seminars to explore their technical, political, socio-economic and other aspects. It then provides governments with the best results and advice possible as they collectively and diplomatically establish new international standards and recommended practices for civil aviation internationally.
Location: Montreal, Canada
The consultant reports to the Director, Bureau of Administration and Services and is expected to work on a daily basis to lead ICAO Hybridization project with the Chief ICT Section, and the Chief Conference, Security and General Services Section (CSG) to present regular reports in accordance with a schedule to be agreed as part of the contract for this assignment.
This project will build on the above technical-infrastructure layer and it will enhance the functional and operational services related to hybrid events. The consultant will provide direction and assistance in selecting technologies, setting configuration specifications for facilities, and implementing, testing, deploying, and maintaining solutions.
The selected consultant is expected to be employed for a period of 6 months with the possibility of extension.
THE ORGANIZATIONAL SETTING
The Bureau of Administration and Services (ADB) plays a lead role in the effective and efficient administrative management of the Organization by ensuring the provision of high-quality physical and human resources, by applying the highest standards of work ethics and conduct, and by using results-based management skills and tools to support the Organization in implementing its Strategic Objectives, in order to serve all stakeholders of the world aviation community.
ICAO is seeking a Consultant – Virtual and Hybrid Meetings and Events with expert experience in information management, including information security and information and communications technology. This position plays a pivotal role in the planning and execution of hybrid events with both in-person, virtual developments. The ideal candidate will be able to handle both strategic development and be hands-on in executing the events and the event elements. Activities include leading ICAO stakeholders (VEM/CSG and ICT) responsible for execution of hybrid events and providing support for the data centre and communication infrastructure, including voice gateways, servers, wireless, virtualization, backup and restore systems. The ideal candidate will be responsible to monitor, analyze, troubleshoot, and evaluate hardware, software, and other related technology to hybrid event. The Consultant will provide guidance and advice on the implementation and coordination of hybrid solutions and initiatives in the areas of Venue and event management, ICT and information security management. The consultant will also support in the review of all ICAO existing systems, applications and services used by ICAO stakeholders to plan, coordinate and organize hybrid events including costed implementation plan.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Function 1: Governance and Oversight of Core Hybrid Conferencing Solutions (incl. Expected results) (incl. Expected results)
Collaboratively engages management, Event stakeholders and Bureau representatives to ensure a globally standardized approach and governance structure to the management of core hybrid conferencing solutions and services, achieving results such as:
- Diligently build ICAO’s hybrid solutions along with underlying policies, procedures, standards, and guidelines, including processes that fit the organization at all levels. Seek and confirm management approval as required.
- Support ICT and VEM/CSG in the coordination of the ICAO Hybrid Conference and Meetings project and guide related deliberations on the governance of the Hybrid Conferencing Project transformation by providing clear and timely advice on infrastructure requirements and considerations for hybrid events and activities.
- Formulate draft policy sets for Infrastructure and related Services for the implementation and ongoing maintenance of Hybrid Conferencing Solutions in ICAO including standards and processes that fit the organization at all levels.
- Lead the development and maintenance of hybrid event operating procedures.
- Liaise with the Enterprise Architecture teams across the organization to provide input on relevant hybrid components, infrastructure landscape and other core systems and infrastructure artefacts for the purpose of planning, monitoring and improving hybrid solutions.
Function 2: Operationalization of transition to Hybrid Conferencing and Meeting (incl. Expected results)
Facilitate the definition, implementation and monitoring of a fit-for-purpose, robust and resilient core hybrid solution including platform, deployment and management as well as security operations;
- Oversee the definition of hybrid transformation and maintenance of infrastructure architectures at various levels – addressing the functional and security characteristics and platforms solutions.
- Lead initiatives to specify, procure and implement systems that provide hybrid solutions and standards for ICAO business needs:
- Strategically design hybrid events aligned to ICAO value proposition and objectives
- Understand the objectives driving ICAO event needs and design tailored events based on those needs
- Ensure an innovative and strategic approach to building and designing a hybrid event, constantly evolving and leveraging current and new tools (Zoom, MS teams and Cvent) and practices
- Partner with the Venue and Event Management (VEM/CSG) and ICT systems administration team to support the project work for the data centre environment
- Lead the development of detailed designs and specifications, procure and implement security solutions to provide secure and efficient connection between the hybrid components and the users including but not limited to:
- Provide operational reports on a regular basis to management on the availability and security status of different hybrid solutions.
- Set up, maintain an Information Risk registry and actively execute, monitor and adjust Information Risk analysis (Business Impact Assessments, Threat & Vulnerability Assessments)
- Design and apply Information Risk analysis, treatment, and Information Risk monitoring processes on hybrid solutions
- Conduct intelligence analysis and research to identify, track, monitor, and take action on potential risks, issues, and threats to ICAO for every hybrid solution.
Function 3: Unified Integration, Meeting Support and Services in a Hybrid Setup (incl. Expected results)
Facilitate the establishment, control and operations management for combined virtual and face-to-face events unifying both components to build ICAO hybrid solution, achieving results such as:
- Develop designs and specifications, specify procurement needs and implement solutions to provide secure and efficient core services for events and meeting participants including:
- Conference Centre support (venue management, registration and event coordination)
- Web/video conferencing, collaboration and Smart Room utilization
- Video Conferencing
- Event platform and application (e.g. Cvent)
- Oversee the process to manage and integrate both virtual and face-to-face events in a seamless experience
- Liaise with other Sections across the organization as well as designated staff of Resident Delegations, coordinating the delivery, management and maintenance of hybrid solutions
- Conduct research and evaluate different hybrid event platforms to develop in-depth assessments of specifications, requirements and threats to the organization’s networks, systems, users, and data.
- Provide leadership and direction through developed short and long-range hybrid solutions and plans.
Academic Qualifications: Essential
A second level university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in information technology, conference management, business administration or in a related area. A first level university degree may be accepted for candidates with at least 15 years of relevant experience.
Desirable: ITIL and Prince2 certifications.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant and professional experience in IT, infrastructure operations, conference and events management, or in related areas.
- Professional experience with Microsoft technology: Windows, Exchange, SharePoint, Active Directory, IIS;
- Experience in managing several projects concurrently, empowering and supporting project team members.
- Professional experience with electronic workflows.
- Experience working with application service providers and hosted solutions.
- Proven experience in implementing cross-functional projects and data-centre management
- Highly effective and creative problem-solving skills;
- Extensive knowledge of project management methodologies
- Knowledge of collaboration systems such as Confluence, and bug tracking systems such as Jira, is a great asset;
- Knowledge of IT systems and architecture relevant to UN common system agencies;
- High level communication skills both written and oral;
Professionalism: Strong verbal and written communication skills and clear articulation of complex issues and problem-resolution skills a must. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with a final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning and Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honors commitments; delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within the prescribed time, cost and quality standards; operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients ” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to the client.
Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows a willingness to learn new technology.
Language: Essential: Fluent reading, writing, and speaking abilities in English.
Desirable: A working knowledge of any other language of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, and Spanish).
Please note that the monthly rate for Band C varies from $ 7,562 CAD to $ 10,910 CAD.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you