MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Service Desk Officer
Job Type: Permanent
Department: Corporate Services & Development
- The IT Service Desk Officer will provide high quality systems support for the various departments in MainOne and will be responsible for managing and resolving all IT related issues/queries and will also play an active role in IT implementation activities.
- Set-up and install computer hardware and software including disk, tape, printers, modems, and related peripherals.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on computer hardware including backup, recovery and equipment cleaning.
- Train users on computer hardware/software and other electronic office equipment.
- First level selection and design of the hardware and, network and software necessary to operate and improve Main One’s information management system.
- Manage the company’s administrative network i.e. network accounts, email accounts website access account, remote access account.
- Monitor operational performance and troubleshoot system problems. Isolate the cause of system failures.
- Research, evaluate and purchase new hardware and software to meet the company’s requirements computers, and other electronic office equipment.
- Design, install, support and integrate centralized and distributed network hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Responsible for maintaining an inventory of internal licenses, overseeing updates and tracking compliance.
- Responsible for logging all IT problems and resolutions, and liaising with the external support company.
- Providing input into the IT strategy and annual IT budget.
- Attend and participate in professional group meetings; stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of information systems; research products and enhancements and their applicability to Main One’s needs.
- Inducting new employees on IT system
- Aside the primary helpdesk functions, you will interface with the Technical and Application units regarding testing and understanding of new applications before deployment to users
- Monitor and ensure client systems are updated with current Anti-Virus definition while also following up with systems without current definition. Weekly and monthly report will be generated.
- Monitor server event before they become incidents. Monitor unauthorized/unlicensed installation of application using spiceworks. Weekly and monthly report will be generated.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- B.Sc / HND in IT / Computer Engineering / Computer Science
- At least 3 – 5 years work experience in related field
- ITIL qualification is an added advantage.
Skills & Competencies:
- Team work
- Customer Service
- Analytical Thinking
- Self management skills
- Technical Support Proficiency
- Professional and Good Work Ethics
- Proficiency in MS Office & Products
- Ability to communicate in French will be an added advantage (Both written and oral communication in French)
- Demands of the Job
- Ability to multi-task efficiently without compromising on quality
- Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required and meet tight deadlines.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online