Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard – earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Inventory Account Officer
Employment Type: Full Time
- Responsible for monitoring all inventory transactions in the general ledger.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of the cost of inventory at the plant.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Organize and coordinate periodic physical inventory counts and cycle counts at the plant in line with DCP’s inventory management policies and highlight variances to the Team Lead, Management Accounting.
- Maintain the general ledger for DCP’s inventory at the plant.
- Coordinate with Production and Materials Management to reconcile inventory records.
- Perform period closing and related activities for reconciliation of inventory to general ledger.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Team Lead, Management Accounting.
- Carry out valuation of stock after each count and identify obsolete or disused stock for disposal and write-off.
- Revalue inventory at the new approved standard rates on a periodic basis.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Accounting or a related discipline.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA) will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good knowledge and understanding of finance best practices, IFRS, and other applicable accounting standards.
- Good understanding of SAP and inventory control systems with a working knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good organisational skills.
- Good data gathering, analysis and problem solving skills
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online