Apply for the ongoing International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) is an award-winning, independent, global, non-profit research organization that provides data-driven research to advance policies that reduce the health and environmental impacts of the transportation sector. The ICCT offers a mission-driven and culturally diverse workplace where intelligence, flexibility, transparency, and good humor are highly valued. Join our team of more than 120 talented researchers and operations staff with offices in Washington D.C., San Francisco, Berlin, Beijing, and São Paulo.
Job Title: U.S./China Research Fellowship (U.S. and Beijing)
Location: San Francisco,U.S.A
Sector: Non Profit
Experience: Early Career
The ICCT seeks a self-motivated, enthusiastic person who will contribute their intellectual curiosity and resourcefulness to rail research that will help shape the understanding of the railway system. The fellowship provides an opportunity to work with a focus on the U.S. railway system and relevant policy structure. You will contribute to the development of ICCT’s rail research and report to an ICCT Senior Researcher.
- Mainly contribute to the development of ICCT rail research with a focus on the United States, including the work of identifying and collecting key performance indicators that cover the efficiency, environmental impacts, and economic performance of the railway.
- Identify, connect, survey, and interview key stakeholders in the rail sector to support the analysis
- Develop and conduct a qualitative comparison of rail performance between the United States and China.
- Co-author reports, journal articles, blogs, and other publications
- A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in engineering, transportation, environment, or related field
- Proven experience with data management, critical analysis, and knowledge in the rail sector
- Interest in collecting and analyzing the climate, energy, health, and management policies of the transportation sector
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Mandarin communication skills are preferred
- Experience with non-road sector is preferred
- Ability to work in teams and in a collaborative research environment.
This is a full-time (40 hours/week), temporary position for 6 to 12 months, with an immediate start date with some flexibility. You will be based in ICCT’s DC, SF, or Beijing office. This fellowship offers an hourly rate of $18-30 (DC), $20-$33 (SF), and ￥ 111-140 (Beijing) based on education and experience. ICCT offers hybrid office/remote flexibilities and other great benefits, including health insurance. The position may lead to regular, full-time employment depending on organizational resources and performance.
How to Apply
Please submit your (1) cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, and earliest available start date; (2) resume; and (3) a research paper or technical analysis primarily written by the applicant. Incomplete applications will be given less priority.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you