Apply for the ongoing Inmarsat Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This Inmarsat job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
About The Company:
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Location: London, United Kingdom
Experience: Mid Career
Commercial and Product Management
Inmarsat’s Commercial & Product Management (CPM) group is accountable for ensuring the voice of the customer is heard and used in all aspects of defining our offer. Coupling customer insight with market intelligence, this informs our product strategy, our channel strategy and our commercial offer. In addition, it helps us support the business to win, grow and retain customers as well as allowing us to be clearer on how we will partner with other players who can create value, and why partnering and working with Inmarsat is valuable to them. CPM also focuses on how to develop, deliver and maintain the right products and services to be competitive, ensuring our costs to serve are optimised and reducing complexity.
Also see: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Recruitment 2022, Job Vacancies
- Contribute to the complete product lifecycle including customer commercial requirements, roadmaps, go-to-market channels, marketing plan, business plan, pricing, launch and service introduction planning, in-service requirements and end-of-life planning, ensuring that the lifecycle is rooted in customer requirements and aligns with the growth strategy of Inmarsat.
- The Product Manager contributes to the product leadership, vision, strategy and market focused product plans to drive profitable growth.
- Own the construction and refinement of multi-year roadmaps, high level business objectives in response to the market & customer requirements and in the context of the competitive landscape.
- You will bring clarity to the engineering development teams by providing them with a clear vision of what the product is required to do and in what timescale.
- Manage product requirements (product backlog) in the context of the committed product roadmaps, timelines and available engineering resource.
- Ensure that product releases arrive on time, on budget and manage the process with replicable efficiency and KPI definitions for project tracking.
- Management and coordination of product launch and post launch plans, including business readiness, service introduction and post launch embedding activities working closely alongside technical, Business Unit and operational teams.
- Input to the creation of product documentation related to functionality, features, market introduction, positioning, differentiation, value propositions.
- Contribute to establishing, track, and manage Product Performance KPI to manage growth or corrective actions with the relevant stakeholders.
Also see: South Pole Recruitment 2022, Job Vacancies
The role will involve close interaction and collaboration with:
- Market focused sales and business development groups as well as gathering the Voice of the Customer from partners/customers to understand and shape customers’ future plans and create requirements for our existing and future products.
- CPM Strategy, Insights and Commercial teams for the creation of a Product Business Plan covering the Area of Interest or Market Sizing, Customer Segmentation, Competitive Landscape, next best alternative, Quantified Customer Needs or Value proposition, ensuring fit with Company strategy and Business Units objectives.
- Business Unit(BU) managers to take inputs from them regarding their customer and partner knowledge, review product roadmaps, got-to-market plans, and support their implementations.
- Technical Development teams (CTO) to provide input regarding desired customer journeys, portfolio and roadmap aims including ‘in life’ and ‘end of life’ management, and to take input regarding technology opportunities and actual usage
- Technical Operations teams (COO) to provide portfolio and roadmap aims including ‘in life’ and ‘end of life’ management, to work together to develop desired customer journeys, service and operational design and to gain understanding of actual experience
- Central Marketing teams (CMO) and Business Unit Marketing teams to create product marketing plans providing customer insight input on ‘how to win’, support brand marketing initiatives and to gather customer knowledge
- Value Add Manufacturers (VAMs) to gain insight into business development opportunities and to develop new products aligned to product and technology strategy
Highly Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience of building products that meet the demands of the maritime, aviation, government or telco market
- Strong understanding of the current and future competitive landscape
- Must demonstrate strong commercial acumen and a strong customer centric approach
- Experience working with technical, operational and marketing teams
- Experience in contributing to product strategy and roadmap
- Experience of Satcom industry
- Pragmatic and results focussed – a ‘self-starter’ who can take a ‘blank sheet of paper’ and rapidly deliver an approach and tangible outputs
- ‘Agile’ and ‘waterfall’ change delivery knowledge and experience
- Data driven – highly numerate and analytical
- A strong communicator with excellent influencing skills
- Fluent in English language
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Also see: Dimagi Recruitment 2022, Job Vacancies
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer – Providing a unique value to our customers
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you
Leave a Comment