Apply for the ongoing Inmarsat Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This Inmarsat job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Location: London, United Kingdom
Experience: Mid Career
Chief People Office
Inmarsat’s Chief People Office (CPO) comprises a HR Business Partnering function who deliver people services with the support of the Centres of Excellence – Reward, Resourcing, HR Services & Systems, Organisational Effectiveness & Engagement & Communication and Real Estate & Facilities. Our purpose is twofold; to drive business performance and enabling our people to be brilliant.
Primary role purpose:
This leadership role is accountable for the timely supply of the right people talent to Inmarsat delivering on our business, social and employee obligations and commitments. This role assures the planning for hiring the right numbers, quality and diversity of employees and contractors as well leading the recruitment team processes internally within the business. This role also has a large remit for delivery of change – improved processes, globally standard ways of working, standard technology adoption, reporting and support to headcount forecasts, attraction etc.
Also see: Save the Children Job Recruitment
- Infrastructure and Process – assure fit for purpose processes, systems and reporting are in place to deliver on both efficiency and quality of resourcing function. This includes core processes standardized and global, ATS and alignment, attraction methods eg careers sites and channels, social media, Linkedin etc.
- Lead the supply and process for contractors including worker classifications (complete), contractor processes and systems alignment, contractor reporting, sourcing and regulations.
- Attraction – represent Inmarsat to the world as an employer of choice and the destination for SatComs talent. Assure diverse attraction strategies in line with diversity planning, workforce and talent planning and other agreed targets. Attraction strategies – maximizing use of technology to reach and engage target audiences (active and passive) this includes careers sites, social media, direct targeting, professional forums and websites, mobile etc.
- Assessment and Candidate Experience – across the candidate journey deliver a world class candidate experience from initial interest all the way through offer construction & hiring to onboarding experience. Ensure collaboration with hiring managers to deliver mutually effective process.
- Early Years – plan and deliver an exciting early years agenda to include STEM/Schools/Graduates/Apprentices and making maximum use of public resources and support. Ensure is planned appropriately versus other priorities.
- Hiring manager education and skills – in cooperation with L&D ensure hiring managers have development, aptitude and confidence to recruit to the highest standards. (Note – development training delivered through OD&D with Resourcing input)
- Onboarding – design and lead the onboarding process from recruitment perspective, coordinate with HR ops and OD&D for seamless process and candidate experience.
- Reporting – assure ongoing reporting suite and ad hoc as required. (Separate summary)
- Talent & Workforce Planning – in partnership with business facing HR, lead succession planning and associated actions (gap closure), focused talent pipeline management, labour mkt research. Design and lead an appropriate workforce planning process as a backdrop for talent management.
- Support and lead the narrative for resourcing across the business (with HRD Transformation and Capability) – not as a “transaction” but as the supply of essential talent driving growth in the business.
- Lead the Resourcing team – coordinate and allocate work, develop and coach team to objectives and development plans, manage continually improving performance.
- Supplier Management – maintain a focused supplier base for infrastructure/technology, agencies, tech support, labour mkt insights, MSP support, etc.
- Pre-employment screening and process – support HR Ops for appropriate pre-employment screening inputs and advice, data and best practice.
Metrics (Separate list – below indicative)
- Time to fill – Speed of process. (Requisition approved to offer accept)
- Quality measures – pass/fail probation; turnover within first 6 and 12 months.
- Candidate engagement – media and websites.
- Cost per Hire (Gross av costs)
- Recruitment status reporting – volumes, geo, status etc
- Contractor data – Volumes / Contract extensions / IR35 / Risks / forecasts / costs.
Dimensions (Highlight key dimensions of the role – eg budgets for revenue, cost, people, # customers etc)
- Lead a team of 8 resourcing professionals
- Control a budget of £.5M
- Circa 6000 Applications annually
- Global – recruit across all Inmarsat regions of employment.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Track record of successful resourcing & recruitment management inclusive of latest best practice and thinking and approaches.
- Knowledge of assessment best practice, application to recruitment and tools.
- Team Leadership of professional recruiters and admin support, allocating and managing others work, coaching/mentoring, managing performance to clear goals, developing teams.
- Awareness of recruitment mkt – agencies, support.
- Budget Mgt and Planning.
- Appreciation of Workforce Planning – techniques, process and engagement.
- Project Management, juggling multiple projects, prioritising with a focus on delivery.
- Engaging and passionate about recruitment and the value it brings the business.
- Regulation as applies to recruitment eg laws on discrimination and how applied in recruitment, policy IR35.
- Attraction / marketing strategies for recruitment.
- Systems and processes – appreciation of recruitment systems/technology and HRIS and how interlink with an appreciation of trade-offs and issues. Appreciation of trends and mkts for systems and tools.
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer – Providing a unique value to our customers
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you