Apply for the ongoing Inmarsat Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This Inmarsat job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Location: London, United Kingdom
Chief Technology Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Technology Office (CTO) business unit sits at the core of our business and focuses on innovative technology development and engineering. The CTO maintains a centre of excellence for technology and broader infrastructure-related innovation, translating market needs into core expansion programmes to enable market development. We ensure that Inmarsat’s products and services are constantly pushing the boundaries of satellite communications. The CTO team is responsible for delivering Inmarsat development programmes, including satellites and launchers, ground infrastructure (ground stations, networks, user terminals and access technology), regulatory, market access and product and service development.
Primary role purpose:
We are looking for a motivated, passionate and professional individual to join our Test and Verification Services team as a Test Technology Engineer.
- Support of our Lab hardware, software and infrastructure both in the UK and abroad.
- First line test environment technical support to the Test & Integration Teams & Remote Workers
- Support Troubleshooting and diagnosis of issues with the environment
- Effectively communicating issues to management and higher level technical support
- Support fulfilling technical requirements for an environment setup
- Identifying required configuration changes based on knowledge of a given solution
- Set up of the lab environment to the required specification for system and acceptance test campaigns
- Maintaining a functional environment for the duration of the campaigns
- Tracking Lab Bookings and Assets, dynamically responding to changes
- Creating and Maintaining diagrams, documentation and guides related to lab infrastructure, setup and processes
- Ensuring adherence to Lab Best Practices and ensuring the lab is health and safety compliant, including risk management and mitigation
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous related work experience and a degree in a relevant technical subject (Engineering/Physics/Computing/Networking/etc.)
- Previous experience in testing and/or fault analysis
- Background in computing / networking
- Hands on experience installing equipment
- Working knowledge in Linux based systems, setup, administration
- Understanding of Virtualisation Concepts & Platforms (e.g. KVM)
- Knowledge of networking concepts (TCP-IP/DNS/DHCP/Network Routing/ICMP)
- Basic proficiency with Scripting Languages (Python, JS) and an understanding of OO Principles (Java, C++)
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Hands on experience with installing, integrating or repairing equipment
- Experience working with RF communication systems or avionics
- Knowledge configuring CISCO equipment
- Experience using Confluence & JIRA
- Knowledge of test automation software (Selenium, Cucumber, Gherkin)
- Have experience testing user interfaces (UI/UX)
- Have experience in testing within satellite systems, or telecommunication networks
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Customer – Providing a unique value to our customers
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you