Apply for the ongoing ICAO – International Civil Aviation Organization Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This ICAO – International Civil Aviation Organization job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
ICAO is funded and directed by 193 national governments to support their diplomacy and cooperation in air transport as signatory states to the Chicago Convention (1944).
Its core function is to maintain an administrative and expert bureaucracy (the ICAO Secretariat) supporting these diplomatic interactions, and to research new air transport policy and standardization innovations as directed and endorsed by governments through the ICAO Assembly, or by the ICAO Council which the assembly elects.
Industry and civil society groups, and other concerned regional and international organizations, also participate in the exploration and development of new standards at ICAO in their capacity as ‘Invited Organizations’.
As new priorities are identified by these stakeholders, the ICAO secretariat convenes panels, task forces, conferences and seminars to explore their technical, political, socio-economic and other aspects. It then provides governments with the best results and advice possible as they collectively and diplomatically establish new international standards and recommended practices for civil aviation internationally.
Location: Montreal, Canada
Result of Service
The Consultant will coordinate and support Virtual, Face-to-Face, and Hybrid events, coordinate ICAO social events, support the development and provision of alternate meeting formats,
It should be noted that this consultancy is to be filled for an initial period of six (6) months with a possibility of an extension up to 11 months.
Duties and Responsibilities
THE ORGANIZATIONAL SETTING
The Bureau of Administration and Services (ADB) plays a lead role in the effective and efficient administrative management of the Organization by ensuring the provision of high-quality physical and human resources, by applying the highest standards of work ethics and conduct, and by using results based management skills and tools to support the Organization in implementing its Strategic Objectives, in order to serve all stakeholders of the world aviation community.
The Venue and Event Management (VEM) Unit of ICAO is committed to client satisfaction, fulfillment of compliance obligations, protection of the environment and provision of safe and healthy working conditions, while providing sustainable venue and event management services. We are committed to fulfill legal and standardization requirements to protect the environment, eliminate occupational health and safety hazards and risks for the prevention of work-related injury and ill health. By consulting with and encouraging the participation of our staff, the continuous improvement of the Quality, Environment, Occupational Health and Safety (QEHS) Management System is ensured. VEM conforms to the requirements of International Standards ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018, ISO 20109:2016, ISO 2603:2016, ISO 22259:2019, ISO/PAS 24019:2020, and ISO 20108:2017.
The incumbent reports to the Senior Event Coordinator with whom s/he regularly consults on operational and logistics issues, and will report to the Registration Coordinator for specific tasks.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Under the general guidance of the Senior Event Coordinator, in adherence with ISO standards in place, coordinate and support Virtual, Face-to-Face, and Hybrid events, achieving such results as:
- Efficient planning and organizing of internal and external meetings and conferences on the basis of pre-determined frameworks for comprehensive facilities and services (including seating arrangements, catering, technical equipment, logistics, reception services, human resources, etc.), using VEM event systems;
- Enter and maintain records, (room bookings and service requirements), data, and parameters in event tools (gMeets and Outlook) and other systems; provide level 1 support to clients using VEM Event systems;
- Ensure timely and accurate posting of daily, weekly and monthly meetings via appropriate channels of communication, including internet, intranet and broadcast systems; prepare statistics and analysis of meeting services data;
- Appropriate advice to clients regarding venue space and all additional services that ICAO offers (e.g. catering, technical equipment, etc.), with a view to providing comprehensive conference services;
- Efficient preparation of cost estimates and negotiation with clients if required; independent management of budgeted allocation with respect to the events the Event Coordinator is responsible for.
- Consultation with Senior Event Coordinator to plan or resolve unusual client requests;
- Coordination and oversight of all activities prior to events in order to ensure a smooth and timely set up of facilities, items and equipment adhering to the requirements of the clients (may include moving and lifting of light furniture or equipment);
- Regular monitoring of dismantling of setup after meetings in order to ensure cleanliness and future availability of meeting rooms as well as appropriate handling of equipment and room features;
- Managing and coordinating the smooth running of all services provided during the meeting;
- Assist the Head of Unit and/or Senior Event Coordinator in receiving and supporting clients / delegates during meetings and conferences, including immigration and protocol matters in case of participation of high ranking officials;
- Establishment and client-oriented provision of reception desk duties to support delegates in multiple requests;
- Continuous and client-oriented response to requests and inquiries from delegates and meeting participants;
- Coordinates the catering (procurement and logistics).
2. Under the general guidance of the Senior Event Coordinator, in adherence with ISO standards in place, coordinate ICAO social events, achieving such results as:
- Provide guidance and support to PRES, OSG, Resident Delegations, special groups, and ICAO Bureaus organizing social events in ICAO premises;
- Collect requirements for services and equipment and resources accordingly;
- Provide cost estimates for social events to PRES, OSG, Resident Delegations, special groups, and ICAO Bureaus, certify invoices from service providers and transmit billing information to the Finance department which will invoice Delegations;
- Ensure rooms are prepared and returned to neutral position after each meeting;
- Coordinate and support social events, as required by the host;
- Ensure to adhere to ICAO policies, rules, regulations and procedures, as well as the VEM QEHS Management System and related ISO standards, at all times;
- Apply, develop and promote sustainable practices.
3. Under the general guidance of the Senior Event coordinator, in adherence with ISO standards in place, support the development and provision of alternate meeting formats, achieving results such as:
- Assist in the development of VEM Virtual, Face-to-Face, and Hybrid meeting services by contributing to the drafting of supporting documentation, as assigned (procedures, guidelines, best practices, checklists, etc);
- Process all incoming requests for Virtual, Face-to-Face, and Hybrid meetings held by PRES, Council, ANC, OSG, and ICAO Bureaus (regular and RPM budget funded) in the ICAO meeting booking system (gMeets);
- Assess (regular and RPM budget funded) Virtual, Face-to-Face, and Hybrid meeting technical requirements and structure to optimize VEM service delivery;
- Assign and track usage of virtual meeting (Zoom) licenses in use;
- Schedule and broadcast virtual meetings (Zoom) schedule through established channels of communication;
- As needed, assist the Conference Technical services (CTS) sub-unit, with Virtual, Face-to-Face, and Hybrid meeting preparations, in terms of setup, hosting and moderating, as well as ensuring the minimum technical requirements are in place and the established guidelines are followed;
- Collect client feedback to identify corrective actions and opportunities for improvement, in line with ISO Integrated Management System Improvement;
- Assist in the development and provision of certification training for scheduling/booking virtual and hybrid meetings to Bureau Focal Points.
4. Under general guidance of the Registration Coordinator, in adherence with ISO standards in place, and in consultation with the Senior Event Coordinator:
- Provide support, as required, to the registration team for Virtual, Face-to-Face, and Hybrid meetings;
- Complete registration and badging system tools training provided by the Registration team;
- Operate the online access to virtual meetings and onsite registration booth for Face-to-Face meetings.
- Prepare and distribute event badges to meeting participants.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses & Certificates:
- MAPAQ certification – Hygiene and Food Safety would be an asset.
- Familiarity with modern IT equipment and software, including full proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Practical knowledge and experience in diplomacy and protocol matters in a government or international organization.
- Knowledge of ISO standards would be an asset.
Academic Qualifications: A Diploma of College Studies (DEC) with a specialty in event management, logistics, hospitality, project management or in a related field.
- Experience in virtual and hybrid events coordination.
- Experience in the event, hospitality or food & beverages industries, or related.
- Experience in time management through calendar applications (Outlook or equivalent).
- Experience in administrative matters, such as procurement, accounting and financial budget management.
- Proven experience in sustainable event practices. A sustainable event certification would be an asset.
The work requires functional reading, writing and speaking abilities in English and French.
Knowledge of any of the following languages of the Organization (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, Spanish).
Please note that the daily rate for Band A starts at $186.
May require constant standing and walking throughout shift.
May require working outside regular business hours occasionally.
May require moving small pieces of furniture of up to 30 lbs in weight.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you