Michael Stevens Consulting is a Management consulting company, whose focus has been on rendering the following services: Training, Recruitment of Personnel, Outsourcing of Personnel and rendering Financial and Management consulting services to the Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Telecommunications, engineering services, Hospitality Industry, Public Sector, etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Manager
Locations: Lagos and Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a result of business expansion, we seek a suitably qualified HR & Admin professioal to manage operations for our external personnel.
- The Human Resources & Administration(HR&A)Manager will lead, direct and manage the day-to-day Human Resources and Administrative activities of staff deployed to Cliet Locations.
- The HR&A Manager will provide oversight and guidance to the development and monitoring of processes related to recruitment and retention, compliance, compensation, benefits, training and development; as well as oversee administrative functions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Job Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Recruitment and Retention:
- Develop and oversee a recruitment process.
- Review job advertisements prior to posting, screen CVs, conduct telephone screenings, coordinate interview teams, participate in interviewing candidates and ensure that documentation is collected and recorded/filed.
- Oversee all labour engagementand manage the new hire orientation and exit process.
Compliance and Record Keeping:
- Annually review the Personnel Handbook recommending amendments needed due to changes in local conditions or labour laws.
- Manage timesheets for office, ensuring timely submission, approval, accuracy, and filing.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Monitor compensation – ensuring internal equity & compliance and benefits.
- Facilitate job analysis and update job descriptions.
Payroll and Budget:
- Coordinate with Finance Manager in the preparation of monthly Payroll.
- Review employee final payments for accuracy and compliance with labour laws.
Training and Development and Performance Maintenance:
- Evaluate the need for employee training and development and make recommendations.
- Oversee the coordination and implementation of annual performance reviews.
- Work with senior management to resolve employee relations issues pragmatically.
- Investigate employee relations issues &work to ensure human resources related decisions are consistent and fair.
Level of Education / Academic Qualification:
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Relevant Work Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the field of human resources.
Other Competencies / Abilities / Skills Required:
- Must be familiar with specific laws and regulations governing Human Resources.
- Ability to work with managers to assess complex issues pragmatically.
- Ability to define problems, establish facts, analyze situations and make decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal English and local language skills.
- Ability to interact with and lead employees at various levels.
- Strong understanding of confidentiality as it relates to Human Resources.
- Proficient in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Application Closing Date
22nd February, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.