Apply for the ongoing FHI 360 Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This FHI 360 job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
Job Title: Senior Project Manager (FHI Clinical)
Location: Remote, U.S.A
Experience: Mid Career
FHI 360 staff working in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, regardless of the type of project or client they serve, or of their employment status (full/part-time, remote, telework, or in-office), unless an accommodation applies. FHI 360 complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy. Full vaccination is currently defined as two weeks after the second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Booster doses are not required at this time.
Summary of the Position:
The Senior Clinical Project Manager (Senior PM) serves an important role within the company and is a person who leads the delivery of our studies. The Senior PM is the primary liaison between FHI Clinical’s study teams and the customer and serves as the accountable point for the delivery and quality of projects, whilst maintaining financial control. As a project leader, you will manage cross-functional teams across our global organization from study start-up through close-out activities. The Senior PM is responsible for the management of complex, multi-center, multinational clinical studies, including FDA-regulated clinical trials, and ensures that all clinical study management and project deliverables are completed to the sponsor’s satisfaction, ensuring quality deliverables on time and within budget and in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), policies and practices.
- Serves as the primary project contact with the client.
- Leads and manages cross-functional project teams, including monitoring team performance against contract and client expectations and according to key performance metrics. Provides leadership and vision to all project staff and external vendors contracted to complete projects.
- Manages allocated studies according to timelines and quality standards.
- Coordinates activities across all functional departments and vendors involved in the project; in some cases, the multi-functional project management lead will have to take direct responsibility for the clinical subspecialty functional area.
- Develops and/or reviews study management plans.
- Leads problem solving including management of risk and issue resolution.
- Ensures compliance with study tools, training materials and standard processes, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures strong client relationship management through clear communications, decisive escalation of issues and coordination with project team leaders and leadership appropriately.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Organized, proficient at multi-tasking with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to lead, motivate and coordinate teams, effectively delegate tasks, and is comfortable collaborating and communicating with a variety of colleagues and clients.
- Ability to effectively use automated systems and computerized applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Smartsheets, etc.
- Possesses cross-cultural awareness and can adapt appropriately. Knowledge of the key principles of cross-functional project management (Time, Quality, Cost).
- Ability to establish and maintain systems and processes necessary to control and report trial status and activities.
- Full understanding of ICH GCP and applicable clinical trial-related CFRs.
- Ability to ensure that quality, regulatory-compliant clinical projects are conducted on time and within budget.
- Effective mentoring and training skills.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in health/life sciences or related field.
- Preferred Job-Related Experience: At least eight (8) years of clinical research experience including four (4) years of project management experience, preferably global project management experience within a CRO or pharmaceutical environment, and experience in clinical operations; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to move 5-15 lbs.
- The expected travel time is 10-25% for this position. This can vary based on the assigned project(s).
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned with or without notice.
FHI Clinical, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you