Apply for the ongoing FHI 360 Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This FHI 360 job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
Job Title: enior Clinical Research Associate (FHI Clinical)
Location: Remote, South Africa
Summary of the Position : The Senior Clinical Research Associate (CRA) monitors activities at clinical study sites to assure adherence to Good Clinical Practices (GCPs), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), study protocols and applicable regulatory requirements. Reviews study documents as required and prepares site visit reports. May be responsible for multiple projects and must work both independently and in a team environment. Participate in the study development and start-up process including reviewing protocols, designing and/or reviewing Case Report Forms (CRF), preparing Informed Consent Forms (ICFs), developing study documents, organizing and presenting at investigator meetings, working with management on a monitoring strategy, and/or developing project-specific CRA training. They may participate in clinical training programs and maintain awareness of developments in the field of clinical research as needed. They may provide a benchmark of monitoring competence to inexperienced/less experienced colleagues. Prepares clinical documents, business correspondence, and procedural manuals. Maintain systems and processes necessary to report trial status and activities; and to help ensure that quality, regulatory-compliant clinical projects are conducted on time and within budget. Depending upon the level of experience, may become involved, when required, in other areas of study management and staff training and contributes to the review of sponsor/client’s and/or FHI360’s systems and procedures as appropriate.
Essential Functions :
- Assists in the preparation of routine protocols, informed consent/assent forms, SOPs, and other appropriate study documentation.
- Monitors clinical trials to ensure subject safety and compliance with the study protocol, applicable regulations and ICH/GCP Guidelines, may be done with supervisor.
- Coordinates necessary activities required to set-up, monitor, and close-out clinical trials sites.
- Conduct site evaluation/assessment, initiation, routine, and close-out monitoring visits may require minimum supervision.
- Complete accurate monitoring visit reports.
- Develops training materials and conducts training for study implementation based on company policies and SOPs.
- Contributes to the development of and implements protocols and informed consents/assents for research studies.
- Provides guidance on any protocol-related issues.
- Manages budget to ensure CRA activities are completed as per contract.
- Develops, reviews, and maintains key study documents to ensure adequate resource and reference documentation.
- May serve as a liaison with internal and external partners to ensure effective collaboration efforts.
- Oversees planning of meetings, site visits, and drafting necessary documents.
- Ensures compliance with applicable government regulations when writing and reviewing protocols, analysis plans, reports, and manuscripts.
- Provides input with CRF development, analysis, study design, and material management.
- Performs and coordinates all aspects of the clinical monitoring and site management process in accordance with ICH Good Clinical Practices, applicable regulations and FHI Clinical SOPs.
- Conducts site visits to assess protocol and regulatory compliance and manages required documentation.
- Updates and maintains study-specific tracking tools.
- May function as project manager on assigned projects taking on a lead role of achieving specific milestone goals to completion.
- Responsible for ensuring that data will pass international quality assurance audits.
- Represents FHI Clinical in the global clinical research community and develops and maintains collaborative relationships with investigational sites and clients
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- May review and approve the work and written reports of team members.
- Proven clinical monitoring skills.
- Development and preparation of applicable study tools and documents.
- Demonstrates effective management skills to at least one staff member.
- Demonstrates project management capabilities including planning, tracking of milestones/deliverables, and monitoring of resources and budget requirements.
Problem Solving and Impact:
- Works on complex problems that require analysis or interpretation of various factors.
- Exercises independent judgment in determining methods and techniques to accomplish results.
- Decisions could have a major impact on management and operations of an area within the department.
- Determines and develops plans and procedures on new assignments and may direct the work of others.
- Education:Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent. Focus on Education, Health, Behavioral, Life or Social Sciences, International Development, Human Development or Related Field preferred. In lieu of a degree, an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience is required.
- Preferred Job-Related Experience: Requires 7+ years of clinical research experience including assisting with protocol development, clinical monitoring, study implementation, study closeout, project management, analysis, and reporting. ACRP or SoCRA certification required. Project or technical leadership experience required. Articulate, professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Technology to be used: Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs, and other handheld devices
- Preferences:Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English. Advanced degree or its international equivalent preferred. Supervisory or management experience preferred. Global clinical research work preferred.
- Physical Expectations : Typical office environment. Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift or move 5-15 lbs.
Travel Requirements :
- Expected travel time is greater than 50% for this position. Must have valid government documents.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned with or without notice.
FHI Clinical, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you