Apply for the ongoing FHI 360 Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This FHI 360 job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
About The Company:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, technology, communication and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
As we evolve to meet the challenges of the future, we stand committed to the principles that have guided our organization for the last 40+ years. Our work continues to be grounded in research and science, strengthened by partnerships and focused on building the capacity of individuals, communities and countries to succeed.
Job Title: Manager, Accounting (FHI Clinical)
Location: Remote, U.S.A
Experience: Mid Career
FHI 360 staff working in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, regardless of the type of project or client they serve, or of their employment status (full/part-time, remote, telework, or in-office), unless an accommodation applies. FHI 360 complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy. Full vaccination is currently defined as two weeks after the second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccine, or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine. Booster doses are not required at this time.
Summary of the Position:
Manages the day-to-day accounting of general ledger preparation, operational accounting, support of budget and forecast activities and country offices by initiating, developing, and implementing organizational accounting best practices. Leads the accounting staff and ensures accurate financial reporting.
Also see: Control Risks Job Recruitment– South Africa
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day accounting functions, including, accounts payable, payroll, cash management, and general ledger.
- Cash receipts daily, maintain cash reconciliations for all cash accounts
- AP and PO Voucher review’
- Reconcile Foreign Currency Exchange rates at month-end
- Maintain reconciliations for Balance Sheet Accounts
- Manage full aspect of labor posting. Timesheets, job costing, payroll reconciliation with parent company
- Treasury Management. PNC Admin, approve wires, review and approve AHCs
- Perform all activities related to the accounts payable function including reviewing, coding, and processing payments.
- Perform accounts receivable function including invoicing, deposits, collections, and revenue recognition.
- Partner with employees to correctly categorize and document expenses, receipts,
- Report any inconsistencies to help the Finance Department reconcile inaccuracies.
- Manage and record employee expense reimbursements, reviewing for accuracy.
- Record journal entries and bank reconciliations, assisting in month-end close procedures.
- Create and manage the monthly schedule of upcoming payments to ensure payments are approved and paid for on time.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP
- Costpoint Administration
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent and demonstrated organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to influence, motivates, and works well with others.
- Works on problems of diverse scope that require analysis or interpretation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies in selecting methods, and techniques for obtaining results.
- Decisions made have major implications on the management and operations of an area within a department.
Also see: UNICEF – United Nations Children Fund Job Recruitment – U.S.A
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent in a related field.
- Preferred Job-related Experience: At least five (5) years of experience with managing US government and contract accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, and auditing.
- Preferences: Experience with Costpoint preferred.
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to move 5-15 lbs.
- Expected travel time is less than 10% for this position.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned with or without notice.
FHI Clinical, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Also see: Cloudflare Job Recruitment – U.S.A
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package , professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you
Leave a Comment