Daystar Power is a leading off-grid power service provider, offering hybrid power solutions to commercial and industrial businesses in West Africa. Daystar Power’s solutions “Solar-as-a-Service” (100% solar power) and “Power-as-a-Service” (hybrid power solutions with battery storage) provide clean and reliable power while significantly reducing clients’ overall power costs.
Daystar Power counts the region’s leading industrial and commercial companies among its client base. Daystar is active in Nigeria, Ghana, Togo and Senegal with a representative office in Cote d’Ivoire.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Executive Assistant / Secretary
Employment Type: Full Time
- We are seeking to engage a competent Executive Assistant / Secretary in Lagos, Nigeria to provide high-level administrative support for company leaders to ensure they can efficiently accomplish key tasks and company initiatives.
- We are seeking a hard working, motivated, and well-organized individual with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
- Provide executive management with extensive and continuous calendar management, domestic and international travel management, expense management, event registrations and detailed meeting plan management, and all other executive support.
- Act as representative of executive leadership regarding internal and external relation, correspondence and screening communication.
- Arranging on-site and off-site meetings, event , appointments.
- Coordination of meetings and creating PowerPoint presentations when required.
- Ensure that executive leadership is informed of priorities, deadlines and challenges.
- Assist executive leadership in tracking key operational metrics by organizing and compiling data, research facts and coordinating information retrieval.
- Independently perform special projects that require a combined knowledge of administrative need and technical operations.
- Respond to a wide variety for request for information, analyse need and problems and determine best approach and priority.
- Assist with administrative duties as needed including scanning and electronic documentation.
- Utilize efficient time management with nuance of complex administrative assistance to the executive level.
- Track internal and external contacts and maintain contact database.
- Provide back up administrative support to other department.
- A good Degree with excellent grades.
- 3 – 5 years experience supporting administrative functions on executive level.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- English (excellent oral & writing skills).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications in particular, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent calendar management skills and demonstrated history of complex scheduling with consistent follow through.
- Strong organisation and prioritization skills, demonstrated history of successfully managing multiple concurrent initiatives and maintaining one’s work flow.
- Experience in managing and dealing with high-profile counterparts with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to establish and maintain strong relationships.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- High degree of personal maturity with the ability to lead conversations with high profile counterparts.
- Ability to critically analyse complex problems and provide structured solutions.
- Ability to observe strict confidentiality in all aspects of services provided.
- Ability to anticipate needs, resourcefulness and responsiveness is required.
- Willingness to work flexible hours if necessary.
- Possess keen eyes for details.
- Dependability, dedication and independence.
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues.
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development.
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast-growing company.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
- Daystar Power Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit all forms of discrimination and harassment based on race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
- This applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training. We make hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications, merit and current business needs.