Apply for the ongoing European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development is an international financial institution founded in 1991. As a multilateral developmental investment bank, the EBRD uses investment as a tool to build market economies.
Job Title: Principal, Reward Policy Implementation & Advisory
Location: London, United Kingdom
Sector: Non Profit
Purpose of Job
This role is responsible for providing high value specialist reward expertise to the Bank. This requires the recurrent assessment of the alignment of Compensation, Benefits and Mobility policies and procedures, the implementation of policy changes, and reward communication.
An essential part of the role is providing expert advice and guidance to senior stakeholders across the Bank with regards to Compensation, Benefits and Mobility policies and procedures interpretation. This includes leading the provision of expert Compensation, Benefits and Mobility consulting advice and guidance to other stakeholders in the HROD Department, including but not limited to HR Business Partners and PS&A team, developing their knowledge, capability and understanding of reward policies and procedures.
The reward policy has many dependencies with other HROD policies, including but not limited to Performance Management, Talent Acquisition and Development. This role is responsible for the continuous improvement, development and enhancement of current Compensation, Benefits and Mobility procedures and practices, to ensure they are successfully embedded and supporting other HROD policies. This will include the introduction of improvements where appropriate, implementing and communicating changes across the Bank effectively.
This role is responsible for supporting the Director of Reward in the development, implementation and communication of the Bank’s reward strategy and Compensation, Benefits and Mobility policies, in order to ensure that the overall Total Reward philosophy and approach is understood across the Bank.
In addition, this role is responsible for the end-to-end management of specific ad-hoc Reward projects, in collaboration with a diverse group of stakeholders (e.g. other HROD teams, Finance, Communication, Business, etc.)
Accountabilities & Responsibilites
Continuous improvement of Compensation, Benefits and Mobility Procedures and Practices, Development and Implementation
- Work in partnership with those members of the reward team leading the Compensation, Benefits and Mobility policy design, to ensure the implementation of current policies are successfully implemented, and aligned with processes and practices.
- Responsible for continuous assessment of current Compensation, Benefits and Mobility procedures and practices in alignment with policy design.
- Project managing the introduction of improvements where appropriate, implementing and communicating changes across the Bank effectively.
- Managing the consultation of ideas with senior stakeholders and checking alignment with other HROD policies.
Ongoing Management of Compensation, Benefits and Mobility Policy and Process Changes and Implementation
- Responsible for managing changes to bank wide policies (or introduce new policies where appropriate), and/or procedures across the Compensation, Benefits and Mobility team, actively gaining buy-in from stakeholders during the development.
- Act as the Reward lead in the management of reward and benefits policy and process implementation changes, providing project management and consultancy advice to other reward team members, and working in partnership with other HROD stakeholders.
- Ownership and maintenance of reward staff communication materials for reward policies, processes and query management.
- Working in partnership with the HR Operations team and the PS&A team, to ensure AskHR communication materials are optimal and being used appropriately to enhance query management, and reduce escalation.
- Working in partnership with the Communication and OGC team, to ensure that the Staff Handbook is maintained in terms of reward policies, and participating in external seminars and conferences.
Provision of Expertise to the Bank
- Serve as the primary source of expertise regarding Compensation, Benefits and Mobility policy advice and interpretation, acting as an internal consultant, to other HROD stakeholders (including but not limited to HR Business Partners, and PS&A) and their clients, to enable them to make decisions, interpret policies, resolve complex issues as they arise. This would include providing advice and analysis in support of full understanding of the Bank’s policies, procedures and processes.
- Own Compensation, Benefits and Mobility communication materials (i.e. KBAs, FAQs) to provide the most comprehensive information to staff and managers on policies and processes, resolving complex issues (including query management via AshHR), designing and delivering training and information sessions at the Bank.
- Interpret and translate employment demands into timely results-driven reward processes.
- Designing communication to staff on the Bank’s reward philosophy, policies and processes via a number of different channels, including the design and provision of training, information and education sessions to staff and HROD colleagues.
- Build and maintain a network of professional relationships designed to tap into and develop the best policies and plans for the Bank.
- Analysing the alignment of the Bank’s reward and benefits policies and practices in relation to its comparator groups, via participation in surveys, information sharing within networks and working with external consultancy firms and attending seminars and conferences.
Reward Project Management
- This role is responsible for the end-to-end management of specific ad-hoc Reward projects, in collaboration with a diverse group of stakeholders (e.g. other HROD teams, Finance, Communication, Business, etc.)
- Managing contractual and day-to-day relationships with the external providers to ensure service levels are maintained and invoicing is accurate.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- A graduate, preferably with a CIPD (or equivalent) qualification.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, with a consulting mentality, and the ability to coordinate and integrate ideas and solutions across teams.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Numerate and computer literate.
- Good communication skills, fluent in English language, with the ability to convey complex information in a simple and engaging way.
- Effective problem solving skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities, within tight deadlines, prioritising work effectively.
- Ability to work autonomously and exercise sound judgement.
- Significant breadth of relevant experience in all aspects of reward management, preferably including geographic mobility.
- Excellent knowledge of reward and recognition practices including pay models, job evaluation frameworks and benchmarking tools.
- Significant experience of advising on a full range of reward and benefits issues.
- Experience of working with senior managers on reward and recognition
- Experiencing of managing reward in organisations.
- Very strong analytical skills, with MS Excel and HR systems. SAP HR desirable.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you