Apply for the ongoing European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
About The Company:
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development is an international financial institution founded in 1991. As a multilateral developmental investment bank, the EBRD uses investment as a tool to build market economies.
Location: London, United Kingdom
Purpose of Job
The Senior Officer position is responsible for providing effective administrative management to the Office of the Chief Compliance Officer (OCCO).
The mission of the Office of the Chief Compliance Officer (OCCO) is to protect the integrity and reputation of the Bank, to promote ethical standards of behaviour and to strengthen the Bank’s accountability and transparency. OCCO assists in identifying, assessing, and monitoring integrity risks arising from failure to comply with the Bank’s standards and policies and contributes, in an independent manner, to the Bank’s effective management of integrity risks. OCCO reports through the Managing Director, Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) to the President of the Bank. OCCO has four principal work streams – Project Integrity, Policy and Ethics, Investigations and Domiciliation.
Within this context, the role of the SO is to manage the administrative requirements of OCCO to ensure an effective work environment. The SO will be assigned to primarily assist one of the four OCCO work-streams, but is also required to provide wider administrative management and support across the whole Department to ensure efficient processing and fair distribution of work flow.
The SO is additionally required to build and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders (e.g., Banking, Legal, VP3 (Partnerships and Policy), Risk, Communications and HR) in order to support the goals of the Department, particularly with regards to coordinating of OCCO initiatives, reporting and training.
Also see: European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) Job Recruitment – United Kingdom
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Dependant on the particular Team/role the Senior Officer (SO) is assigned, the SO’s responsibilities may include: OCCO generic Senior Officer responsibilities: For the assigned Team or Personnel:
- Ensures the effective administrative management for the Team;
- Creates and maintains comprehensive filing and recording procedures for the Team’s matters;
- Attends to the Team’s correspondence requirements, including secretarial and administrative duties for the relevant Team and its Head / Director;
- Arranges Team meetings, maintains Team diaries / appointments;
- Arranges travel and related requirements including preparing and checking travel expense claims for assigned OCCO personnel;
- Manages the administration of consultancy contracts required by the Team;
- Organises Team events: e.g. Team meetings (including taking minutes), conferences, presentations, seminars; Provides support with OCCO departmental events;
- Prepares Team related documents such as Power Point presentations, business correspondence, factsheets, briefing notes, reports, Board submissions etc. ensuring all deadlines are met;
- On a rotating basis, reviews the Compliance email in-box and allocates matters from the in-box to the relevant OCCO Team;
- Supports the OCCO budget officer and/or conduct budget officer duties with routine budgetary functions for the Team / Department (Purchase Orders, checking re-charge, departmental accruals and various housekeeping reports) to ensure costs are as pre-approved and deliver reports as requested;
- Coordinates Team submissions / reports acting as quality control & ensuring all deadlines are met;
- Conducts ad-hoc or specific task assigned by CCO / OCCO Directors / OCCO Teams which may be related amongst others to effective work flow processing or OCCO / Team reporting; and
- As required, supports other SO’s by providing coverage during absences and other assistance needed to effectively manage Departmental work-flow.
Also see: ONE Campaign Job Recruitment – Canada
CCO and Investigations Support:
- Acts as the CCO’s Executive Assistant. Manages the administrative requirements of the Investigations Team;
- Manages updating the OCCO’s internet and intranet sites including updating the Bank’s debarment website;
- Attends to OCCO’s facilities management needs;
- Act as OCCO’s co-ordinator: IT co-ordinator, HR co-ordinator, Stationery co-ordinator, including tasks such as maintaining OCCO shared calendar, Weekly Whereabouts & Contact Database; Silver Book; maintaining SAP HR records etc.
- Manages requests concerning OCCO’s voice recording;
- Arranges key OCCO-wide events including Team Retreats, Team gatherings and other ad-hoc events; and
- Assists with the compilation of the OCCO annual report and periodic OCCO-wide reporting to the Audit Committee / Board / ExCom.
- Manage the administrative requirements of the Domiciliation Unit;
- Help set up and maintain work allocation procedures, filing procedures and knowledge management procedures of Domiciliation Unit matters, including the Domiciliation toolkit; build, maintain and update databases; resolve IT issues.
- Manages the compilation and delivery of ‘Domiciliation Notes’ to SBIC and OpsCom;
- Assist with administrative matters relevant to the support by the Domiciliation Unit of Banking in conducting domiciliation due diligence and the preparation of Domiciliation Annexes;
- Drafts and develop documents and provide statistical analysis to ensure reporting requirements are met (e.g. to President, Financial Controllers and Internal Audit), contribute to and assist with collation of departmental annual reports and policy reviews; and
- Manages the administration of consulting contracts relating to the Domiciliation unit.
Policy and Ethics; OCCO Budget Support:
- Manages the administrative requirements of the Policy and Ethics Team;
- Manages the Nominee Director administrative requirements, including assisting with related training;
- Administers the Integrity Matters! Training;
- Administers the disclosure and reporting by Bank personnel under the Code of Conduct and IFRS standards;
- Prepares the Op Risk quarterly reports;
- Manages the Capital Markets in-box; and
Also see: MasterCard Foundation Job Recruitment – Canada
Project Integrity Support:
- Manages the administrative requirements of the Policy Integrity Team;
- Administer the Project Integrity Training;
- OCCO’s Budget Officer;
- Manage the preparation for quarterly reviews of the integrity checklists pursuant to the written procedures;
- Collates and submits OpsCom and SBIC notes in advance of Committee meetings; uploads documents to OCCOlink;
- Process the integrity framework agreements and any amendments and liaises with the integrity consultants as directed;
- Uploads the monthly integrity reports to OCCOlink as required; and
- Assists in the organisation and administration of Anti-money laundering and other PI seminars, including tenders and related processes. Assists with preparation and administration of PI consultant contracts and administrative requirements of obtaining and managing donor funds.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Also see: Cloudflare Job Recruitment – Canada
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you
Leave a Comment