Apply for the ongoing Dimagi Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This Dimagi job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
Dimagi is an award-winning social enterprise and a certified B-corp and Benefit Corporation. We build software solutions and provide technology consulting services to improve the quality of essential services for underserved populations. Our open-source technology platform, CommCare , is the world’s most widely-used and researched mobile data collection platform for frontline workers. Our choice to be a certified B-Corp and Benefit Corporation sends a clear signal to our partners, our team members, and our communities that we not only believe but also take action in using business as a force for good. Together they combine our passion and commitment to tackle complex health and social inequities and work towards a brighter future for all.
Job Title: Operations Lead, Technology Division
Location: South Africa
Experience: Mid Career
About the Global Technology Division
The Global Technology Division’s mission is to lead Dimagi’s technical strategy and ensure quality on our platform. Most of our team members operate in a matrix, where they collaborate with other technical team members and benefit from shared knowledge, experience, and comradery, while also being assigned to a business division to help align technical and business goals.
About the Position
We are looking for an Operations Lead to join our Global Technology Division (GTD) and support and manage GTD initiatives. The Operations Lead can be based out of our office in Cape Town but is also open to remote employment . This position is being hired as a 6-month fixed-term position while we evaluate the potential long-term fit for the division.
Looking to apply your project management skills to make a difference? This position is ideal for someone looking to get exposure in a social enterprise working in the International Development sector or looking to apply their organizational skills in an Operations role. Reporting to the Associate Director of Engineering and working alongside division leadership, you will have the opportunity to get exposure to many areas of the business while helping to improve operations throughout.
Please Note: This role must overlap for at least 4 hours with EST working hours.
- Develop and implement operational processes to support internal Global Technology Division initiatives being executed by Engineering Managers
- Work with the division’s leadership team to execute change management for divisional processes
- Provide administrative support for regular Global Technology Division reporting processes, including Objectives & Key Results reporting (OKRs) and monthly tech team presentations
- Design, develop, and maintain division operational tools, such as dashboards and reports
- Monitor timely implementation of management processes, including: onboarding, offboarding, new hire feedback, recruitment, and performance reviews
- Work with Global Technology Division Leadership Team to roll out new division-wide initiatives originating from Global Strategy & Operations and the Office of the CEO
- Conduct monthly audits to ensure Global Tech Division operational items are in good standing, such as job descriptions, Salesforce records, and Confluence pages.
- Work with the Engineering Management team to support the logistics of team-wide activities like capacity building sessions, summits, and other ad hoc events
- Provide intermittent administrative support to Global Technology Division’s Leadership Team on an as-needed basis
- 3+ years of experience working with software development teams or in a similar operations role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management experience
- Planning and organizational skills that result in successful implementation and follow-through
- Highly organized, able to multitask, detail-oriented, and process-driven
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and interest in working with a wide range of stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-growth, multicultural environment
- Enthusiasm about working in International Development and software development
- Demonstrated experience leading change management initiatives
Compensation and Benefits: We aim to make a difference, not just as a company but also as an employer. We are transparent about salaries at all levels of the organization and have a standard, global pay scale for all positions that is non-negotiable. The salary for this position is 710,509 ZAR annually.
However, the benefits we offer are geared towards having a strong impact on our staff’s well-being. A few of our key benefits are outlined below:
- 100% employer-sponsored medical insurance
- 5% match to Employees’ Retirement Fund
- Stock Option Plan
- 30 days paid time off inclusive of holidays
- Unlimited sick time and excellent parental leave policy
- Access to a flex-time policy that allows employees to work based on a flexible work schedule
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Magellan Healthcare
Dimagi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to providing a work environment that is inclusive and free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, national origin, family or parental status, veteran or disability status.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you