Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Analytics Manager – Risk Advisory
Employment Type: Full Time
About the Division
- Our mission is to deliver meaningful work for priority clients and society. As part of the Risk Advisory practice in Deloitte West Africa, our practitioners understand exactly how data underpins a business and how improving the management, use and insight from this data improves performance and reduces risk.
- As a team we combine our people’s skills and experience, with Deloitte tools and solutions, across these capability areas:
- Data application / solutions / software development – we design and deliver the data architectures, pipelines and solutions which underpin our clients’ businesses.
- Audit analytics & data integrity assessments – we provide data analytics specialist supports to Financial statement audit team across Deloitte using recommended analytics approach and tools.
- Information management – we implement governance and compliance around enterprise data as a secure and trusted foundation.
- Data science – we conduct data-driven problem solving and analysis through modelling and visualisation to shed light on root-cause issues and identify the optimum solutions and options.
- AI & automation – we harness machine learning and cognitive capabilities to derive new insight from a myriad of unstructured and structured data sources and removing manual effort.
- Eminence and capability building – we conduct training workshop sessions and learning academy for our clients and internal stakeholders to help build capabilities within data analytics.
- In this role you will further develop your skills and our Data Analytics capability through the delivery of pioneering client projects, proposition development and team leadership.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Delivering exciting and innovative data solutions, propositions, and services for our clients. These can range from data collection, data management, data quality profiling and data discovery through to the development and deployment of productionised applications.
- Developing deep and lasting relationships with your peers within our clients.
- Strengthening and broadening our Data Analytics propositions and capability within Deloitte and showcasing our work with clients.
- Being part of a diverse team within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- Bringing technical and practical insight to how clients might manage data more effectively to drive opportunities and manage risk across their business.
- Supporting in building awareness across our clients and industries to ensure our clients understand how we can help them.
- Performing practice management activities for Data Analytics and within Risk Advisory
- Work with other Deloitte functions to further the use of data & analytics in go to market activities.
- Build strong relationships with key Deloitte and client contacts.
- Supporting the senior management team with go to market activities relating to risk advisory and analytics projects.
- A Bachelor’s Degree / HND with a minimum of a second class upper / upper credit in relevant discipline.
- Relevant professional qualification is an added advantage
- Have a minimum of credit in five (5) WASSCE/GCE/NECO Ordinary Level subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in:
- Delivering Information Management services
- Data Visualisation, dashboard and reporting tools e.g. Qlikview, Tableau, Power BI, etc.
- Working with clients to determine most appropriate statistical models or analytics approach to solve business problems
- Experience working with AWS, GCP or Azure cloud infrastructures.
Proven ability within complex projects in environments that have a high degree of uncertainty.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, business writing and professional skills, including being able to liaise with both technical and business contacts at our clients.
- Strong planning and organisation skills.
- A wide-ranging professional network across industries including but not limited to Financial Services, Technology, Media or Telecommunication and FMCG
- A track record in direct client interaction (internal or external).
- Professional services experience is an advantage.
- Developing and fitting complex statistical and machine learning models (e.g., generalised linear models, regularised regressions, neural networks, NLP)
- Open source visualisation solutions e.g. Metabase
- Data management solutions e.g. Informatica, Ab Initio, Oracle EDM, etc.
- Data Science / Big Data languages e.g. R, Python.
- Database management tools and solutions, e.g. SQL
- Big Data technologies e.g. Hadoop, Kafka, Spark.
The Impact You Will Make
- Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance.
- As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow:
- At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn.
- We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online