Apply for the ongoing Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This Catholic Relief Services (CRS) job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
Location: Baltimore, U.S.A
Sector: Non Profit
Experience: Mid Career
The Advisor II, Data Analytics & Visualization Lead will take a lead on data analytics and reporting for the functional disciplines supported by the Knowledge Management & Learning Department (KML) for OverSeas Operations (OverOps) S/he will develop, monitor, and enhance Power Bi reports for department within the OverOps Division. The ideal candidate will have the creative ability to design user-facing reports that achieve business data analytics objectives through clear and interpretable visual interfaces.
The Data Analytics & Visualization Advisor will also take a lead role in creating guidance and templates for Power Bi reporting and integration of reports into CRS’ intranet (MyCRS) sites. This role will lead the development of the OverOps Data Strategy (in alignment with CRS’ data strategy) This role will take the lead in training and supporting Power Bi business owners for OverOps.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
Data Analytics, Reporting, and Visualization
- Supervise Data Analytics Advisor I in coordination with PCS Unit
- Develops a Data Strategy for the OverSeas Operations Division (OverOps)
- Develops tools and resources related to Power Bi, creating a structure and guidance around Power Bi reporting for OverOps users in alignment with ICT4D guidance
- Improve reporting and dashboard quality and documentation for KML team products designed in Power BI.
- Stays abreast of current Data Analytics methodologies, techniques, and industry standards within functional disciplines. Participates actively in internal and external networks related to KML and Data Analysis.
- Supports OverOps staff to use data visualization for storytelling and building an evidence base, including through use of platforms like Power BI and Tableau.
- Develop data standards for OverOps Power Bi products to improve overall data quality
- Maintain and update priority agency reports including Business Pipeline, Donor Engagement, and Partnership and Capacity Strengthening Reports (IDEA & PCS)
- Perform research to address/solve issues that may arise during construction of dashboards and reports
- Conduct business analysis and gather stakeholder requirements for new reporting requests.
- Leverage existing data to inform decision making for leadership and improve programming and operations.
Knowledge Management & Learning
- Occasional support to KML and Learning Design & Capacity Building team on ongoing projects as needed.
- Supports conceptualization of all KML sponsored learning events and strategy workshops
- Refines KML Department’s new staff orientation process and provides training as appropriate.
Basic Qualifications (BQs)
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree acceptable. Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- 1-3 years’ experience in advanced report and dashboard building, preferably using Salesforce report builder or an ETL tool such as Microsoft Power BI
- Experience building reports against relational databases.
- Experience using data connectors.
- Experience creating compelling data visualizations.
- Exceptional ability to troubleshoot data quality issues then propose solutions.
- Strong leadership, coordination and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated success in culturally diverse teams.
Required Languages – Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. French and/or Spanish a plus.
Travel – Ability to travel domestically and overseas up to 15%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (SKAs)
- Familiarity with SharePoint and Salesforce-based information management platforms highly desirable.
- Experience with suite of Office365 applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detailed oriented and inquisitive, with an entrepreneurial spirit and strong capacity for independent action and initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively in a decentralized organization.
- Customer service oriented; adept at cultivating new relationships and instilling confidence.
- Creative and flexible to problem solve and respond to fast changing industry and Agency demands.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
What we offer
CRS offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vision, generous retirement savings plan and the opportunity to work in a collaborative, mission-driven culture that is committed to improving the lives of the poor throughout the world.
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to safeguarding the rights and dignity of all people – especially children and vulnerable adults – to live free from abuse and harm.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you