Apply for the ongoing ChildFund Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This ChildFund job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
ChildFund International is a nonprofit organization working toward a world where every child is free to live at their fullest potential, no matter where they’re from or what challenges they face.
Job Title: Advisor, Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL)
Location: Sydney, Australia
Sector: Non Profit
Experience: Mid Career
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Advisor, MEL you develop and provide access to information, guidelines, and resources that enable organisational learning, and for programs to be effectively designed, implemented, monitored, evaluated, and reported on to various audiences. Achieving this involves putting in place systems, processes, and tools that facilitate efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability in ChildFund Australia’s program work. You will work closely with the Program Teams at Sydney, Mekong, and Pacific offices, and as needed, directly engages with local partners.
- Lead the implementation, ongoing updates, and socialisation of our MEL Framework, including our Project Cycle Management system
- Provide ongoing MEL capacity strengthening in the Mekong countries through face-to-face and remote training, mentoring on MEL-related issues for MEL teams and local partners
- Provide technical advice to the Program teams in the Mekong countries throughout the project cycle, especially project evaluations and program reviews
- Support evidence-based organisational learning
- Support timely program data processing for advocacy and various reports incl. to external stakeholders
- Support ongoing updates and maintenance of the online Program database system (Hive) in close collaboration with the Salesforce administration team
- In charge of overall data management and routine data updates to ensure Program Hive is generating reliable data by working closely with the MEL and Program teams in Mekong and Pacific Offices.
- In charge of developing accessible and efficient online and offline monitoring and evaluation tools across program sectors, working closely with the Sydney-based Sector Advisors and MEL teams in Country Offices
- Coordinate MEL team’s annual plan and budget including the regular activities of ChildFund Australia MEL Community of Practice
- Strengthen local partnerships and/or relationships, e.g., through capacity sharing to support localisation
- Promote and integrate gender equality, disability, and social inclusion into day-to-day work.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, e.g. International Development, Social Science, Social Research
- At least five years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation incl. administering and developing relevant tools and processes, with a focus on designing and implementing evaluations, analysing quantitative and qualitative data, and experience using online databases and online M and E tools.
- At least five years’ experience in Project Management in developing countries
- Extensive experience in capacity strengthening, working in cross-cultural contexts, and working with Civil Societies and government entities
- Proficient in English
- Familiarity with child-focused programming .
- Demonstrated commitment to the principle of locally-driven community development
Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding or sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment (SEAH) risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding and PSEAH policy and procedures, and conduct yourself consistent with those policies.
Change champion, with a solution mindset able to challenge the status quo
Open to share knowledge and work in a strong team-oriented environment with people from different backgrounds
Excellent communicator, able to analyse and interpret data and to communicate complex concepts in a pragmatic manner
Strong stakeholder manager, supporting others in achieving their & the organisation’s goals
ChildFund Australia believes in a global community where children are safe and can reach their full potential. We take extensive steps to safeguard children in the work with our people, i.e., our staff, volunteers and interns, supporters, partners, board members, ambassadors and suppliers. We endeavour to keep children safe through child safe practices, and rigorously ensure we prevent, oppose, and combat all exploitation and abuse of children and vulnerable people. As part of this commitment, all people working with us will undergo relevant background checks before joining ChildFund Australia.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you