Apply for the ongoing Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education. Across our core initiatives of Science and Education, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and advocacy, to progress in our mission of building an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
Location: Redwood City, United States
The social media manager role is an opportunity for a creative digital strategist to produce engaging social media campaigns, plans and content while helping to grow the digital presence of a fast-paced and innovative philanthropic organization. This role reports to the Director of Social and Digital Media, and is part of the Brand and Communications team, which works to build trust, credibility and engagement to inspire the world to champion and contribute to CZI’s mission. In this role, you will create shareable digital content, compelling social campaigns, people-first stories, and engaging creative to help raise awareness about CZI’s work, highlight CZI employees, and lift up the stories and voices of our partners.
The ideal candidate is a digital storyteller and creative leader who can work across the organization and with multiple stakeholders to build content and campaigns that drive engagement and help grow CZI’s social media channels. The role also includes social community management across a set of diverse issue areas.
You will have managed social channels for a brand, non-profit or other organization, have a track record of building social media campaigns across multiple platforms, and don’t mind doing the basic tasks related to managing social media accounts. You stay on top of social media trends, have experience building and managing communities, and can juggle multiple campaigns and projects at once. Most importantly, you are adaptable, collaborative, and eager to continue to learn.
- Develop social media content across a set of diverse issue areas by working collaboratively with Brand and Communications colleagues and other internal teams to grow engagement on CZI channels. This includes all aspects of content development — from writing social media posts; to brainstorming hashtags; to building relationships with grantees, influencers and media partners; to working with creative teams (internal and external) on multimedia for day-to-day content and key campaigns.
- Partner with our Brand team to develop digital campaigns for CZI’s owned channels, including social media, web and email, and expand our reach with partner outreach, paid strategies, and partnerships.
- Support online community management for CZI — including moderating comments, implementing engagement strategies, crisis management, and building social media communities.
- Support the creation of social editorial and content calendars across a set of diverse issue areas to ensure a regular cadence of social media content on CZI channels, including scheduling, monitoring posts, and responding to comments.
- Write and edit social media posts, blog posts, emails, creative briefs, paid marketing plans, and paid social media posts, and pitch in as needed for any other writing needs.
- Monitor social media trends and proactively create content to take advantage of opportunities to expand our social media reach and increase engagement.
- Use analytics to make data-based decisions on future content, and develop reports to measure the impact of social media campaigns and our overall social media strategy.
- Project manage multimedia content creation with the internal creative team (including our video producers, photographers, designers, and brand managers) or external vendors for short- and long-term social campaigns.
- Build relationships with teams across the organization to ideate, create, and execute daily social media content and campaigns.
- 8+ years of experience managing and building social channels in-house for a brand, non-profit or other organization.
- Strong writing and editing skills with experience writing content for a number of mediums, including social media posts, video scripts, graphics, blog posts, social toolkits, and creative briefs.
- Experience project managing content development and campaigns across multiple teams, with external partners and agencies.
- Worked with social media influencers, creators, brand ambassadors, or media partners on social media campaigns.
- Experience leading community management/engagement across social channels — including experience in social moderation, rapid response, and crisis management.
- An understanding of the current social media landscape and best practices for each channel.
- Experience using social analytics, social listening, and monitoring platforms.
- Ability to independently execute social campaigns from start to finish, and collaborate with the brand and creative teams to develop holistic campaigns across all channels.
- Experience juggling and prioritizing multiple projects of varying scope and timelines.
- Excellent collaboration skills and are able to work across teams to ideate, develop, and implement social and digital campaigns.
- A passion for social media and community building.
CZI believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. It aligns to our mission and work to cure, manage, and prevent disease. Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination, including eligible booster(s), will be required for all employees (with the exception of reasonable accommodations due to medical or religious beliefs). All visitors coming onsite to a CZI facility are required to show proof of COVID vaccination, including eligible booster(s), or take an onsite COVID test.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you