Apply for the ongoing Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
Founded by Priscilla Chan and Mark Zuckerberg in 2015, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI) is a new kind of philanthropy that’s leveraging technology to help solve some of society’s toughest challenges – from eradicating disease, to improving education. Across our core initiatives of Science and Education, we’re pairing engineering with grantmaking, impact investing, policy work, and advocacy, to progress in our mission of building an inclusive, just and healthy future for everyone.
Location: Redwood City, United States
We believe we can help build a future for everyone.
- We aim to be daring, but humble: We look for bold ideas — regardless of structure and stage — and help them scale by pairing engineers with subject matter experts to build tools that accelerate the pace of social progress.
- We want to learn fast, but build for the long-term: We want to iterate fast and help bring new solutions to the table, but we also realize that important breakthroughs often take decades, or even centuries.
- Stay close to the real problems: We engage directly in the communities we serve because no one understands our society’s challenges like those who live them every day.
Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
CZI also supports multiple work options. Learn more about our philosophy and approach here .
In our Science Initiative, our mission is to support science and technology that will help make it possible to cure, prevent, or manage all diseases by the end of the century. Interdisciplinary teams of physicians, biologists, computational scientists, and engineers can expand our understanding of the human body and illness — the very science behind medicine. CZI fosters collaboration between scientists and engineers, develops tools and technologies, and builds support for basic scientific research.
The Imaging Technology Team is growing an open source image analysis and visualization ecosystem, built around napari and the napari hub , to further our mission to enable researchers to gain a much deeper mechanistic and quantitative understanding of biological systems using imaging.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Imaging Team, you will build software tools to support this mission, working closely with a collaborative team of scientists, engineers, product managers, designers, user researchers and other open source contributors. This is an excellent opportunity for a software engineer to work on challenging problems while learning science and contributing to open source software.
- Build visualization and analysis software tools for exploring and analyzing large biological imaging datasets.
- Share responsibilities in addressing issues and bugs to ensure quality in the work we deliver.
- Work in a multi-disciplinary team, with engineers, product managers, applications scientists, data scientists, UX researchers, designers, and open source partners to define product plans and deliver features to existing essential open source projects.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other engineers.
- 3+ years experience working with Python.
- Internal drive for continuous learning and teaching others.
- Experience working with Scientific Python libraries like Scipy, Dask, etc. is a plus.
- Experience with interactive and responsive applications development is a plus.
- Experience with handling/visualizing large and complex datasets is a plus.
- Experience working with open source software communities is a plus.
CZI believes that vaccines are one of the most powerful tools to fight COVID-19 and save lives. It aligns to our mission and work to cure, manage, and prevent disease. Proof of completed COVID-19 vaccination, including eligible booster(s), will be required for all employees (with the exception of reasonable accommodations due to medical or religious beliefs). All visitors coming onsite to a CZI facility are required to show proof of COVID vaccination, including eligible booster(s), or take an onsite COVID test.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you