Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Buffer Stock Programme Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Experience Level: Manager/Supervisor
Reports To: Head of Department Logistics
Proposed Start Date: May 2022
- Action Against Hunger is currently looking to fill the role of Buffer Stock Programme Manager who will be responsible for the management of the RUTF buffer stock program through active coordination and collaboration with the Nutrition Sector, UNICEF and the SMoH in the BAY states of North-East Nigeria with the ultimate aim of ensuring timely response to the Nutrition Sector’s request for RUTF supply to partners when the need arises.
- Provide overview of overall project activities (from procurement to dispatch of the goods), identify challenges and take immediate corrective measures;
- Plan, forecast, and monitor project resources and raise alert when needed;
- Ensure that all technical reports for external release are validated by relevant line Managers including the Nutrition and Health HOD, DCD program;
- Monitor and update the project supply plan and take mitigation/corrective measures to ensure a proper execution;
- Ensure requests are submitted in line with the supply plan and delivery timelines;
- Ensure deliveries are fast tracked through logistics and supply teams, raise alerts and suggest mitigation/corrective measures;
- Participate in developing and updating security and safety SOPs for the project;
- Ensure staff and all 3rd parties (transporters, daily workers, partners,…) are briefed and trained on security and safety SOP and actually abide by them;
- Stay aware of the evolution of nutrition commodities pipeline in the Northeast and factor changes in the project implementation strategy;
- Ensure partners fully understand the buffer stock mechanism and adhere to it.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics, Administration or in Nutrition and Health with a certification in a logistics related field;
- Masters Degree is an added advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience, in logistics management with proven experience in providing direct support to a distribution program or managing a nutrition and health program with an important aspect of coordination;
- Excellent reporting and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good management and representation competencies;
- Excellent in influencing and negotiation skills;
- Proven technical knowledge and capacity to lead implementation of Logistics, Health and Nutrition activities projects;
- Good understanding of links between emergency and development programs;
- Strong planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to manage budgets, understand financial accountability procedures, logistics, and commodity tracking;
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to deal with problems and issues both promptly and efficiently.
Starting Gross Basic Salary & Other Benefits
- N718,840 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply