Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brand Manager, Grocery
Job Type: Full-time
- As a Brand Manager Grocery, you will be accountable for the most important of Jumia KPIs: growth and profitability.
- This position is currently one of the positions where Jumia Group is investing the most to grow the pool of talent.
- We expect the best performers to be the next wave of CCOs, MDs, and Category Directors across the group.
- You will focus on Grocery categories, managing end-to-end relationships for our top brands and vendors.
- From the very essence of commercial, operations or even organization of Jumia key commercial events, your scope will provide you with all levers to drive your categories toward the right direction.
- Building a strong link with account managers of our top brands and vendors current and new.
- You should justify a flawless understanding of the entire ecosystem as well as a tremendous network.
- You will be the only one along with Grocery director & CCO to represent Jumia in front of those key accounts
- Driving the growth by ensuring we have the right products at the right prices, JBP and TOD agreements are done.
- Making sure your accounts are matching key operational KPIs (out of stock and time for having the products ready to ship)
- Ensuring we anticipate sourcing through brand product roadmaps as well as we replenish fast enough missing strategic assortment
- On-boarding 100% of your account’s P1 and P2 products available
- Coordinate with Dark Store Project manager for availability of P1 & P2 in dark store, plan campaigns around dark store sales plan.
- Organizing All commercial events such as Black Friday, Jumia Anniversary, X-mas etc.
- Building business plans for your category to ensure we grow them in a structured way. Analyzing consumer buying behavior and predicting future trends. Those BP will be presented to Jumia local Grocery Director & CCO as well as Jumia CEO
- Work with a cross-functional team (marketing, operations, logistics, pricing content, and sourcing) to achieve quick and flawless execution
- Having an accurate knowledge of competition: who they are, what prices they have and their products
- Becoming an expert of your category with a perfect knowledge of the different products / pricing / market trend
Qualification & Experience
- Experience over 4-6 years either in FMCG, tier 1 retail groups, top banking & consulting companies
- Top Engineering, Business Schools & Universities (top 5 of your field for your country)
- Strong commercial skills
- Good analytical skills
- Great capacity to handle high stake negotiations
- Structured and organized
- Good with tools (excel & PPT, Salesforce.com would be a plus)
- Resistant to stress
- Strong interpersonal skills: Convince the people and your team that you are making the right decisions
- Great ability to work in a fast paced and competitive environment
- Flawless English communication
- Proficiency in MS Office and google tools
- Familiar with relationship management tools
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online