Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay. The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem. With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live. E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating a sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brand Campaign Manager – Jumia
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full Time
- You will oversee optimization of all relevant offline channels to maximize campaign outreach and feed into successful implementation of overall campaign strategy.
- You will also own strategic decisions around managing offline media spend and defining country-level media mix; leveraging your subject matter expertise on target audience segmentation in keeping with our marketing objectives.
- In addition to making recommendations on the best ways to optimize the budget for maximum reach and impact, you will also report on performance of campaigns, AB testing various approaches and always seek to improve and refine our approach.
Planning and strategy:
- Build and manage our offline budget in collaboration with the Head of Brand and media agency. This includes daily optimization on station levels, dayparts, creative, budget allocation, etc.
- Help identify target audiences and plan media campaigns
- Compare and negotiate rates, ad space, and airtime with our media agency and partners
- Optimize plans and budgets according to the best media mix
- Prepare schedules and adjust when needed
- Experiment with new platforms and channels
- Work with the agency to ensure proper monitoring of ads to ensure they are displayed appropriately, in correct locations, etc
- Provide support on the quality implementation of merchandising/branding
Campaign Execution and Optimization:
- Work together with onsite team and Head of Brand to execute campaign calendar,
- Support in brief creation for design team and agency to ensure that the media strategy supports the creative strategy and overall campaign KPIs
- A/B testing, uncovering new methods and strategies to scale channels
- Prior experience writing/optimizing direct ad copy is a plus
Reporting and Analysis:
- Monitor ad performance on a daily basis, identifying actionable opportunities within the marketing and POM teams (targeting, optimization, creative direction, etc.) to improve performance at scale
- Create weekly and monthly reports, campaign postmortem reports, and ad-hoc sentiment and performance reports surrounding key initiatives and tests
- Use platform and backend data to inform recommendations across creative, product, and external platform/agency team projects that advance overall Growth testing agenda and customer acquisition goals
- Proven experience as media buyer or similar role; agency experience is a plus
- Brand or Marketing experience is a must
- Interest in following advertising and media trends
- Working knowledge of media analytics software
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Organizational and multitasking abilities
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking skills
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online