Apply for the ongoing European Investment Bank Job Recruitment 2022 via our latest job vacancies & employment portal. This European Investment Bank job opening is available to all qualified candidates.
About The Company:
The European Investment Bank is the European Union’s investment bank and is owned by the EU Member States. It is one of the largest supranational lenders in the world.
The term of this contract will be 2 year; as this is a temporary replacement assignment, no extension or conversion of the contract is foreseen.
Panel interviews are anticipated for the beginning of July 2022.
As an (Associate) Technical Assistance / Mandate Lawyer, internally referred to as (Associate) Officer Legal Services, you will assist the Head of Division and Head(s) of Unit, together with other legal advisers, in providing legal advice on operations within the Division in particular in relation to the area of Technical Assistance (TA) and Decentralised Financial Instruments in order to support the achievements of EIB objectives as outlined in the current COP.
You will be reporting to the Head of Unit and cooperate with the other lawyers of the team. The work involves activities of various complexity and the candidate will provide her/his support in particular to Bank services working in the areas of TA and Decentralised Financial Instruments.
Also see: United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Job Recruitment– South Africa
- Draft and negotiate agreements with various counterparties
- Draft and negotiate agreements related to TA and Decentralised Financial Instruments
- Advise on Luxembourg and EU law issues related to the Bank’s business
- Engage, where necessary, on these issues with external and internal counterparties
- Liaise where necessary with external consultants
- Undertake research and conduct legal studies on problems of law arising in connection with the Bank’s operations
- Operate under the supervision of the Head of Unit and/or a senior lawyer, when dealing with complex issues and whose approval s/he will seek on fundamental or unusual matters
- Contribute to research on legal matters and develop and maintain own knowledge in the legal areas covered by the DMTA division
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with other directorates
- University degree in law (preferable at Master level)
- Professional legal qualification in European Law would be an advantage
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the field of contract law acquired with a law firm of international reputation or the in-house legal department of an EU or international institution or a large corporate
- Expertise in drafting and negotiating service contracts in English
- Very good knowledge of standard IT tools
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and a good command of French (*). Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
Also see: Clinton Foundation Job Recruitment – U.S.A
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) There may be certain flexibility on this requirement, but limited to particularly suitable candidates who may not yet be proficient in French. If selected, such candidates will be hired on the condition that they build up rapidly knowledge of French and accept that their future career in the EIB may be subject to the attainment of sufficient proficiency in both of the Bank’s working languages.
We are an equal opportunities employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. We encourage all suitably qualified and eligible candidates to apply regardless of their gender identity/expression, age, racial, ethnic and cultural background, religion and beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, disability or neurodiversity.
Also see: Purpose PBC (Purpose) Job Recruitment – Australia
Applicants with specific needs are encouraged to request reasonable accommodations at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact the EIB Recruitment team Jobs@eib.org who will ensure that your request is handled.
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 30th June 2022
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
If you think this job post can be helpful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Pinterest using the buttons below. Thank you
Leave a Comment