Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company’s flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Systems Administrator
Purpose of the Job
- To manage the datacenter facilities, systems, and servers to run effectively and efficiently
- To provide backend support for all IT services to all IT users in a multiuser/ multiplatform environment and ensure continuous, optimal performance of IT services and support system
- Proactively manage on premise datacenter facilities including but not limited to periodic status checking of access control, cooling, environmental monitoring, power, cable management etc.
- Maintaining server architecture security by assessing the stability, security, and scalability of installed systems e.g., Hyper Converge Infrastructure for production and disaster recovery sites as well as HQ and remote sites traditional servers.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and correct hardware and software issues on servers, and workstations. Escalate unresolvable incidents to OEM or advanced support partners as necessary.
- Administration (permissions, access rights, and storage allocations), support and configuration of Microsoft 365 productivity tools for all IT users including but not limited to connectivity and mobility. Hyperion, Citi direct (cloud applications)
- Conduct routine monitoring and analysis to include Audit Log Reports evaluation, system and storage utilization reports, site and system usage, growth reports, and manage site collection quota settings.
- Participate in business continuity activities through active contribution in the planning and execution of disaster recovery tests and activation as approved.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform installation, upgrading and patching of systems and servers for physical and virtual operating system environments in accordance with approved changes.
- Practice server asset management, including maintenance of server component inventory and related documentation of technical specifications.
- Proactively seek out issues which affects end users and take necessary steps to resolve them.
- Provide technical leadership to service desk team.
- Develop and maintain documentation about current environment setup, standard operating procedures, and leading practices.
- Carry out any other assignment as advised by the Datacenter Infrastructure Manager
The Person Must Have
- Good knowledge of IT Service Delivery
- Good Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Good managerial skills
- Minimum requirement: B.Sc. in Computer Science, Engineering, Electronics or related field
- Added advantage: MBA
- Minimum requirement: 2 years Systems Administration experience in a similar environment
- Added Advantage: More than 2 years in a Manufacturing environment
Professional (Memberships & Certifications):
- Minimum requirement: MCSE, ITIL Foundation, Office 365 Administration, Azure Administrator
- Added Advantage: Cloud certification, Nutanix Technical Certification will be a plus
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online